New Can Recommendations - please help!
Dec 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
How exactly do you warm an amp up?

just switch it on for a while, could take between hald an hour to an hour or 2 to warm up fully according to some posts i have read here (and my local shopkeeper)

Dec 30, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
just switch it on for a while, could take between hald an hour to an hour or 2 to warm up fully according to some posts i have read here (and my local shopkeeper)

2-3 hours for my amp to sound properly (no doubt about this, the shrill highs are too annoying for it to be placebo)

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #19 of 23
Not really, I guess. It is probably as harmful to turn it on and off

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #20 of 23
only way for something to wear out is either moving parts due to friction or meterial fatigue, or heat causing parts to fail (which is overheating)

so i guess its best to switch it on in the morning and switch it off at night?

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #21 of 23
Dont worry about burn in or warm ups. It will sound amazing, and a lot of what people feel is in their head. I'm not saying what they say is wrong, but burn in is not night and day. Warm up is needed for some amps, but I do not believe yours will need much if any. ( again even "not warmed up" it will sound amazing i'm sure ^_^)

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #22 of 23
^Warm up would only be an issue with tube amps, I guess. At least for everyday listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back