NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 13, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #406 of 3,483
20180413_213613.jpg 20180413_213755_001.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:call_me::palm_tree:

Have rolled tips but turns out the ones that came on em fit better than anything else. That never happens. Sufferings of a Sony fanboy

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #408 of 3,483
If you're tired of seeing countless oversized pics of a guys' mobile phone, just put that guy on your ignore list, you can always unhide posts on the fly if you think he may have posted something worth reading. :wink:

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #409 of 3,483
I heard the vega and andromeda yesterday, liked both, but andromeda was really breath taking

my question would the mids of the atlas be as present within the whole spectrum than being recessed or affected by the lows

Tried Atlas and yes Atlas has the mids but the instruments have a much more depth than Andromeda. I would still rate the Andromeda having better cohesive mids but Atlas depth goes very deep. IMO it’s Vega perfected even more!

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #410 of 3,483
Tried Atlas and yes Atlas has the mids but the instruments have a much more depth than Andromeda. I would still rate the Andromeda having better cohesive mids but Atlas depth goes very deep. IMO it’s Vega perfected even more!
Would you say the mids/vocals on the Atlas are less recessed than with Vega?

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #411 of 3,483
I have been making cables for a long time and the FIRST thing I did on my long dusty road to making IEMs was find a ace connector MFG. I then had them make the entire MMCX, both male and female, out of 100% pure Beryllium Copper, then we had the metal heat tempered for extra hardness. BE copper that has been heat treated is very very hard and not easily worn away from friction. ALL MMCX parts are made with sh**y brass that is super soft and over time yeah you will get a intermittent connection, so my friend Drew is correct. So we have had almost zero issues with our MMCX parts, male and female, they are bomb proof. We have them gold plated, this can be a problem because you cant gold plate on to bare copper so most companies use a nickel plating and then gold over top of the nickel. The problem with nickel is it is somewhat magnetic and that sucks for HiFI = causes some ringing. So we had a alternate plating that is not magnetic, problem solved. Anyhoo yeah we have a killer micro connector company (aerospace) where we have all our hardware custom made for Campfire Audio.

Thank you,

Ken

Drew @MoonAudio, based on what i am reading will my Dragons for the SE846 be Interchangeable between the SE846 and Atlas? Or am I missiing something here? (and could well be!)

I guess i am confused if there are different physical configurations of the MMCX housing/jacket that would prevent interchangeability .

Paul

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #412 of 3,483
IMG_0136.jpg

I've been using the Comets at work via Tidal -> PC -> Comets. I've been quite pleased with that setup. Then I brought my Mojo from home. Wow. More impact and musicality. The Comets scale really well when amped.

I'm finding it hard to work w/o sitting slackjawed staring into space as the music washes over me... :)

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #413 of 3,483

I've been using the Comets at work via Tidal -> PC -> Comets. I've been quite pleased with that setup. Then I brought my Mojo from home. Wow. More impact and musicality. The Comets scale really well when amped.

I'm finding it hard to work w/o sitting slackjawed staring into space as the music washes over me... :)

Success, man thats what we want to hear, thank you. :thumbsup: Thats a clean sweet set up also. rock on.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 13, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #414 of 3,483

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:call_me::palm_tree:

Have rolled tips but turns out the ones that came on em fit better than anything else. That never happens. Sufferings of a Sony fanboy

I've done the same but with different results. I'm not really an iem guy because I have major issues with fit having small and shallow ear canals and apparently odd shaped antihelical folds. I started with the small marshmallow tips before switching to the med spinfits, going back to the marshmallows but they were just too painful with the pressure. Listening this morning with the spinfits again I was adjusting them a tad and briefly heard something very special. I threw on the small spinfits and went with a deeper insertion. Whoah! Everything opened up! The sub bass I wasn't getting before started coming through, the soundstage opened, the clarity improved. I was happy before but now I'm floored how good they sound for $200. It's taken me 3 days to get there but well worth it. The main issue I have is with the cable. The cable itself is very nice but I pick up some microphonics when worn worn cable down. It dissapears when over ear but I can't get the proper placement for the sound quality I want. And the mic needs a better placement to work with the chin slider. Kind of a bummer on that but easily fixable.

And thanks for the reviews Hawaiibadboy! You've become my go to reviewer since you seem to have the same preferences I do when listening. And I lived in Hawaii for a year and my brother currently lives in Yokosuka. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics! They're wonderful!

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #416 of 3,483
Drew @MoonAudio, based on what i am reading will my Dragons for the SE846 be Interchangeable between the SE846 and Atlas? Or am I missiing something here? (and could well be!)

I guess i am confused if there are different physical configurations of the MMCX housing/jacket that would prevent interchangeability .

Paul

Paul,

Our MMCX should be the same fit wise as the SE846.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 13, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #417 of 3,483
Early word on Atlas from folks who tried them is BIG sound. I assume that implies a large stage with good mids. Everything Ken makes is pretty dope. If that's his new TOTL it's a safe bet the mids and stage are exceptional

Weren't you pretty negative on Campfire prior to the Cascade? Or was it just the Vegas? ("$300 IEM wrapped in a $1,200 pricetag")

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #419 of 3,483
This is getting absolutely ridiculous now with the fullscreen photos in every damn page. Half of the content is these photos and not actual conversation. I have reported you and your posts (whether or not something is done) and am blocking you as well. I feel you are intentionally doing this and being rude as hell. If you feel photos are better for 99% of general population, the thumbnails would do the same thing.

Sorry for the derail but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Be careful about speaking out. My post was removed and I was warned it was a personal attack. I guess quantity of posts means a lot more than quality of posts these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back