NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 5, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #121 of 3,483
Is there a noticeable difference with it being a vented ba?

IMG_20180406_111918.jpg
IMG_20180406_112027.jpg
IMG_20180406_112331.jpg

If there is a vent it is very tiny :) I am sure I will find it.+

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #124 of 3,483
I'm really interested in seeing how the comets compare to the Orions now, especially at an ever cheaper pricepoint.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #125 of 3,483
I'm really interested in seeing how the comets compare to the Orions now, especially at an ever cheaper pricepoint.
+1 as I have kept the Orion longer than any of the other CA IEM's that I have owned including the Vega and Andromeda. Hopefully, I will be able to compare the two at Axpona.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #126 of 3,483
The vent is on the BA enclosure, not the external shell. It enables the armature to displace more air using the space around it in the earphone shell rather than being self-contained (and therefore create a more substantial bass response than a regular BA). Sort of an intermediate between a dynamic and BA; you can also have a fully-sealed dynamic, though it requires a much larger housing volume due to the larger displacement of the driver. Combined with its tubeless output/TAEC, this is a nice foundation for a relatively affordable in-ear! Mine is arriving on Monday, I'm excited to hear it!

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #135 of 3,483
Ok,
I've been listening for a few hours to the Comet's I picked up this afternoon, and I think CFA make a big mistake on the pricing, these things are stupid good for their price. Seriously, how much better can the Atlas be for 6x the cost?!?

They blow away my Etymotic 4p's, and are a joy to listen to compared to SE535's I had for a few months. I've been tempted to pull the trigger on the Audeze iSine 20's, and have listened to them several times. I think the Audeze are slightly better at resolving the highs, (I think, the Comet's are really good too), but I hate the sound bleed in with the 20's, and the bass and mids of the Comets are so much more substantial. That's not to say they're bumped much (if at all), just that these have way more punch / presence than the normal IEM. These IEMs are a blast.

• Listening to Boston's 1st album, in the dark - wow. Foreplay / Longtime gives me chills.
  • The soundtrack to Inception, one of my favorites has great dynamics. The piano notes ring clear and decay perfectly.
  • The Prodigy's Smack my Bitch Up is almost as physical as the Cascades run thru the Mojo. It's hilarious how good the sound these little things put out is.
  • Blue Man Group - Above, great tight lows, clear highs and mids that cannot be ignored.
  • The Dark Knight OST - stays coherent and again, has wonderful dynamics. The sub sub bass (Why So Serious) @ 3:25 stays together well, I've never heard this low played well on any IEM
I haven't even amped these thru my Mojo, I've been listening all night on a macbook pro w/tidal.

Besides the sound quality, they are really comfortable, come with a really nice cable and pouch. The default tips work great for me, but it's nice to see the variety of tips they have to ensure a great fit. Super light and comfortable (full disclosure - I've spent years with silicon tips in my ears with my Ety's) and I'm good with really deep insertion.

I got Cascades when they came out, and they were my first CA product. They've quickly become my favorite cans, and my Senn's lie neglected. The Comet's were an impulse buy, and I'm shocked at how well they sound. They punch way above their price point.

At the risk of being labeled a fan-boy I'm going to give some serious listening to CA's other IEM's.

Comet and un-amped phone is incredibly fun - who'd a thunk it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back