New C&C Box+
Jul 14, 2007 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

shacky

Head-Fier
My first headphone amp just arived from Hong Kong. Ordered last Sunday and it arrived here in Rochester NY Saturday by registered mail. Feels nice and weighty for a little amp. Looks like metal casing. Came fully charged so didn't have to wait 8hrs to charge before trying.

My first impression - this is what I wanted an amp for! music sounds like music. Weighty with plenty of bass. Details are much more apparent. I'm using it with 4G 20G iPond and Senn HD280Pro's right now. I know several members have noted that the HD280's may not benefit much from amping. The difference is enough for me to keep the amp
biggrin.gif

Stragiht out of iPod I would get distortion when using EQ on certain songs especially R&B EQ setting. Not so through the Box+ unlss it's a song with lots of bass - Allman Brothers Desdemona for example. I use mainly Apple lossless files.

I've settles in with EQ set to Latin on iPod and C&C gain lo, LF on and SF on. I'm sure I'll naturally gravitate towards better HP then maybe amp but for now I am very happy with my purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back