New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Dec 2, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #1,895 of 3,925

Can't agreed more with both of them.

Feliks Elise is a superb amp especially for T1. I came from SS amp such as beyer A2, lehmann linear, after the experience of the Elise, I sold them all.

For £600, the Elise amp is a steal. 

Hi, should I get the more expensive version of the Feliks Elise (Upgrade to Premium drivers,) ?

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,896 of 3,925
  Hi, should I get the more expensive version of the Feliks Elise (Upgrade to Premium drivers,) ?

Hi!

I was not able to hear the Feliks Elise but for the question about upgrading to premium drivers - i think it is better for the reason that you have less of a worry finding what tubes are suitable for the Elise. 

Just sharing my opinion. :)

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #1,897 of 3,925
Hi, should I get the more expensive version of the Feliks Elise ([COLOR=6C7378]Upgrade to Premium drivers,) ?[/COLOR]

No need. Go for the stock tube version first and then let us know which sounding you would like to pursuit such as you want a bit warmer, lusher, or u want more detail, dynamic,etc.

Don't think the upgraded power tube worth the extra money. It's a chineses tube but sold more expensive in Europe.

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #1,898 of 3,925
No need. Go for the stock tube version first and then let us know which sounding you would like to pursuit such as you want a bit warmer, lusher, or u want more detail, dynamic,etc.

Don't think the upgrades power tube worth the extra money. It's a chineses tube but sold more expensive in Europe.

Hi! Thanks a lot! Is the input of the Elise is RCA input?

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #1,900 of 3,925
For $860 USD, these are the killer TOTL headphones I've dreamed about (and hoped the HD 800s would sound like but all reviews say they don't). Great headphones with outstanding spacing between instruments, details, clarity, and just the right amount of bass and highs. Wonderful forward vocals and mids. A great full sounding headphone with nice tonality. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #1,901 of 3,925
  For $860 USD, these are the killer TOTL headphones I've dreamed about (and hoped the HD 800s would sound like but all reviews say they don't). Great headphones with outstanding spacing between instruments, details, clarity, and just the right amount of bass and highs. Wonderful forward vocals and mids. A great full sounding headphone with nice tonality. 

Agreed. At the current price level they might soon have a larger market share. $879 at Amazon. Incredible value.
Also, can easily become a go-to headphone considering the comfortable, convenient, well-built design.

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,902 of 3,925

Just joined the club, got mine for £599 from Amazon UK.

Wow, these sound great out of the box, do they improve much with burn-in?

They leak a lot of sound and the 3 meter long cable is way too long for my needs, has anyone tried to reduce the length of the cable?

Do any of the closed back Beyers sound anyway near as good?

I have not had much time to play with them yet but they sound surprisingly good paired with my Hidizs AP100 DAP.

I have not had time to read this thread yet but what portable amps do you guys like, I have Fiio A5 and E12A amps which I will try over the next few days and report back. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,903 of 3,925

They leak a lot of sound and the 3 meter long cable is way too long for my needs, has anyone tried to reduce the length of the cable?

I have not had much time to play with them yet but they sound surprisingly good paired with my Hidizs AP100 DAP.

I have not had time to read this thread yet but what portable amps do you guys like, I have Fiio A5 and E12A amps which I will try over the next few days and report back. 

Yes, they get much better after a good 100 hours (or more) of burn-in, but do sound very good out of the box. The soundstage will get wider with unbelievable space between instruments. And there will be even more clarity in vocals. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,904 of 3,925

Only owned one other Beyer (and I couldn't stand it because of the harsh highs). But I believe this one is suppose to be their TOTL right now. 

Dec 4, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #1,905 of 3,925

WOW £599, Is it brand new or used? or  Is it because of BLACK FRIDAY? So jealous and happy for you.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back