New Beyer DT1350
Jun 24, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #571 of 4,010

Quote:
This is by far an even stranger opinion. The DT1350's bass is hardly overpowering. I'm an extreme basshead though so my idea of "overpowering bass" is very extreme. But regardless the Dt1350 are definitely lighter on the bass side. If you are coming from something like the Shure e2c then the DT1350 might have "overpowering" bass, but really it was hardly that bassy.

And yes, I would agree that the K701 does have more bass than the DT1350.  Neither the DT1350 or the t50p have much bass, though the 1350 does appear to have more bass than the t50p by a small smidgen.

I could call myself an anti-basshead - I do not like too much of it. When I got my DT1350s they were really bass-heavy. I was ready to sell them. Only after around 20-30 hours of burn-in the bass got normal. After 50 hours it is just perfect.

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #572 of 4,010

Maybe you should follow the tipps posted here for achieving proper seal. The DT1350 has a low reaching, undistorted and well defined bass when seated properly. And it has much more to offer in that region than the K701. May in addition you consider consulting the measurements on innerfidelity. Tyll measured several 701s and the Beyerdynamic sets. 

And yes, I would agree that the K701 does have more bass than the DT1350.  Neither the DT1350 or the t50p have much bass, though the 1350 does appear to have more bass than the t50p by a small smidgen.

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #573 of 4,010
I'll pass on that. I don't like the DT1350 any how. I much prefer the t50p. I still experienced more bass in the K701. How does the DT1350 measure? Does it have a mids bump? It seemed like it might have. That might have caused the bass to seem less.

I'm pretty sure I had a good seal on them, I'm not a stranger to the t50p and I have managed to get good seating with it, I'm certain I had a good seat with the 1350.

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #575 of 4,010
A lesser quantity of bass than K701? lol!

I am also finding T50p's bass to be greater in quantity compared to K701 with a more rock-solid feel, but otherwise lesser in overall quality.  I'm quite fond of K701's bass texture as well; T50p not as much, though I am not saying I do not like it.  I was finding the bass to be a bit much for me in stock configuration.  Even after modifying it, I'd still like a little less bass from T50p.

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #576 of 4,010
I have been fiddling with fit position a bit more.  The DT1350 on my head is quite sensitive to position, and pretty minor adjustments make a difference in bass output especially.  They are a pretty fiddly headphone in that regard.  The "resonating hum" method works well for me, and positioning them a bit lower on my ear than I thought "correct" seems to help both sound and comfort.

So far - I still really like them, bass is not D7000 quantity or quality - I will admit that the D7000 likely does not accurately portray bass, but I still loved them.

The rest of the spectrum is to my liking.

They seem a bit dry with my TTVJ Slim, though the headphones probably have less than 10 hours, the TTVJ less than 2 hours.  It might change a bit.  Also, the source is my touch 4G, that probably has something to do with it.  My Dacport LX just showed up today, so I'll give the laptop/dacport LX/TTVJ/DT1350 rig a test drive over the weekend and report back.

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #577 of 4,010
Just wanted to remind you that the bass strength considerably varies with the level of isolation you achieve.
For me, the DT1350 definitely had more bass then any K701 I have ever heard with the best fit i could achieve.

m00h

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #578 of 4,010

Side track a bit, have you ever use/heard the Dacport? I'm a bit curious because I own one and loving it but cannot understand why the release the Dacport LX for only $50 cheaper. Did they provided a 1/4 to RCA cable with it?

Thanks

Quote:
I have been fiddling with fit position a bit more.  The DT1350 on my head is quite sensitive to position, and pretty minor adjustments make a difference in bass output especially.  They are a pretty fiddly headphone in that regard.  The "resonating hum" method works well for me, and positioning them a bit lower on my ear than I thought "correct" seems to help both sound and comfort.

So far - I still really like them, bass is not D7000 quantity or quality - I will admit that the D7000 likely does not accurately portray bass, but I still loved them.

The rest of the spectrum is to my liking.

They seem a bit dry with my TTVJ Slim, though the headphones probably have less than 10 hours, the TTVJ less than 2 hours.  It might change a bit.  Also, the source is my touch 4G, that probably has something to do with it.  My Dacport LX just showed up today, so I'll give the laptop/dacport LX/TTVJ/DT1350 rig a test drive over the weekend and report back.

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #579 of 4,010
If you can't find the bass, play a 30hz sine wave and fiddle with the fit until it hits you.

Jun 24, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #581 of 4,010

Quote:
Side track a bit, have you ever use/heard the Dacport? I'm a bit curious because I own one and loving it but cannot understand why the release the Dacport LX for only $50 cheaper. Did they provided a 1/4 to RCA cable with it?

Thanks

They are running a sale at the moment, first 50 units or 4th of July, whichever comes first, for $299, so I bit on that - complete impulse purchase!  I's still in the box, just came in today.

*** Edit *** Just to get back on track - The Dacport LX => TTVJ Slim => DT1350 is a nice sounding set-up so far.

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #582 of 4,010
Today I listened to Johann Sebastian Bach Toccata and Fuge in d-moll. And the DT 1350 did deliver as expected. Just deep and good harmonic bass.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #583 of 4,010
I keep having problems with the clamp on these. I do not know if I am doing something wrong, but they give me a headache after around an hour of sitting on my head. 

I have tried fiddling with the headband, position on my ears etc., ets., and I cannot find a solution to this. 
I tried stretching the headband for a few days but that did not help at all.

I really like them, but if they continue giving me headaches after such a short time, they will have to go, unfortunately.

Any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #584 of 4,010

Quote:
I keep having problems with the clamp on these. I do not know if I am doing something wrong, but they give me a headache after around an hour of sitting on my head. 

I have tried fiddling with the headband, position on my ears etc., ets., and I cannot find a solution to this. 
I tried stretching the headband for a few days but that did not help at all.

I really like them, but if they continue giving me headaches after such a short time, they will have to go, unfortunately.

Any ideas as to how to fix this problem?

you could bend the headband out a bit though the T50p had issues with too little clamping force resulting in poor sound quality...

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #585 of 4,010
No issues with the clamp on mine, I extend the split headband to about 75% of their full extension, one notch showing on the L/R adjusters and they're comfortable enough for me to put on for an hour or more. 

Having heard the T50p before, I prefer these in all aspects. Single-sided cable, punchy bass (as opposed to slightly fuzzy on the T50p), midrange emphasis that's like a baby DT 150 with excellent attack and detail retrieval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back