New Beyer DT1350
May 24, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #346 of 4,010

Quote:
Thanks for your input, rasmushorn! The P-51 is without a doubt a great amp, but I want something smaller. Has anybody heard the DT 1350 with a Pico Slim for instance?  

I haven't heard the 1350's with the Pico Slim, But... If I am allowed to extrapolate just a bit - I have heard the ESW10jpn's with the pico slim, and a pair of westone 3's with the slim at the same time.  I currently use a Leckerton UHA-4 with a pair of 1964 ears quads and the 1350's.

So... The Leckerton works very well (really well) with both.

The Pico Slim sounded excellent with both.  Good enough I stayed on the wait list 6 months, and only bailed when I gave up portable listening for most of a year.

So (again)... By completely fuzzy extrapolation, I suspect the Pico Slim will be excellent with the 1350's, and in fact if I can find a decent price on a used one I intend to exactly this.

And... The little Leckerton is a nice amp, pretty small, has a decent dac, and sounds nice with iems and the 1350's.  In spite of the fact that the UHA-4 thread has degenerated into a FOTM everything "everything else blows, buy this amp to power anything, including your LCD2's" type thread, it is a nice little amp that works well with the 1350.

So (again...)... Why am I thinking Pico Slim?  I don't need a dac portably, and I need (need?) a 24/96 dac transportably, so I'm doing a bit of reconfiguring.

Anyway, I hope that helps in spite of my complete deviation from logic (or completely muddies the waters).  Either way, my work here is done... 
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #347 of 4,010
Thanks for sharing your interesting views, Aamefford! 
wink_face.gif
 If you do buy the Pico Slim I'll be very curious to hear your take on it. 

May 25, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #348 of 4,010

But I would love to hear impressions that other people have on how these work with different amps, as I'm only getting the E7 as an introductory one to address problems I have in my setup.  I intend to get a better portable amp in the future.

I use the E7 with the DT1350 in my notebook setup, and there is really nothing I would miss. Even my volume capped iphone4 provides enough juice in most cases to drive them properly. This is not to say better amping would not improve sound. But the DT1350 does very well with the not so powerful, too. 

May 26, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #349 of 4,010
I caved...I just really want these for some reason.  It was all I could do not to opt for overnight shipping...

May 26, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #351 of 4,010
Quote:
I expect a full report on my desk in the morning.

I said I didn't opt for the overnight.  Jeez  
wink_face.gif

Probably won't be until next week.

May 26, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #353 of 4,010

Quote:
I said I didn't opt for the overnight.  Jeez  
wink_face.gif

Probably won't be until next week.

We also want lots of pics and if you have any around mobile DAC/AMP impressions. Off with you and start planning your report.

May 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #354 of 4,010
Quote:
We also want lots of pics and if you have any around mobile DAC/AMP impressions. Off with you and start planning your report.

My photography sucks and I'm already pretty sure it will work fine with my XM6 since damn near everything else does.  Since these are still fairly new I'll probably write a big review for them, but that will be at least a few weeks.

May 27, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #355 of 4,010
Just got the DT1350. Tried them out unamped on my Nexus S phone and on my home receiver. This is the sound I was looking for. A lot like my DT880 (250ohm), but with more bass. What's amazing about these headphones is that they sound like big, closed headphones. The soundstage and music seperation are top notch, especially since we're talking about such small headphones (of course, the DT880 produces an even bigger soundstage, but you can't expect a small cup to produce miracles)

My Nexus S could drive these up to desirable volumes, but it's clear that these need amplification to sound their best. The sound gets clearer, smoother and opens up a bit more when connected to my receiver. If you need a similar headphone for unamped, portable use, get the Sennheiser HD25-1 II. Otherwise, the DT1350 are well worth it.

I just have a question for DT1350 owners... I saw in videos that you can swivel the earcups sideways (just like the HD25-1 II). How are you supposed to do that? In the demos I've seen, it seemed to swivel with little to no force. When I try it, it seems stuck. I don't want to break it by putting to much force behind it. Am I missing something?

May 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #356 of 4,010

Congrat on your new DT1350!
biggrin.gif
 I'm enjoying mine everyday at work so far.  I can move both side of the cup like the HD-25-1 II. It was stiff the first time but move with a bit of friction now.

Cheers!

Quote:
Just got the DT1350. Tried them out unamped on my Nexus S phone and on my home receiver. This is the sound I was looking for. A lot like my DT880 (250ohm), but with more bass. What's amazing about these headphones is that they sound like big, closed headphones. The soundstage and music seperation are top notch, especially since we're talking about such small headphones (of course, the DT880 produces an even bigger soundstage, but you can't expect a small cup to produce miracles)

My Nexus S could drive these up to desirable volumes, but it's clear that these need amplification to sound their best. The sound gets clearer, smoother and opens up a bit more when connected to my receiver. If you need a similar headphone for unamped, portable use, get the Sennheiser HD25-1 II. Otherwise, the DT1350 are well worth it.

I just have a question for DT1350 owners... I saw in videos that you can swivel the earcups sideways (just like the HD25-1 II). How are you supposed to do that? In the demos I've seen, it seemed to swivel with little to no force. When I try it, it seems stuck. I don't want to break it by putting to much force behind it. Am I missing something?

May 27, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #357 of 4,010

Hi man!
can you give more comparision to bigger dt880? Can those dt1350 be also for home system as better ones? Im asking because I love sound type of beyerdynamics but cant afford for T1. I heard its sound quality is close to T1. Can anyone say word or two about that 1350 using at home system and make comparision to other big models? Thank you:)
Quote:

May 27, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #358 of 4,010

Quote:
Congrat on your new DT1350!
biggrin.gif
 I'm enjoying mine everyday at work so far.  I can move both side of the cup like the HD-25-1 II. It was stiff the first time but move with a bit of friction now.

Cheers!

Thanks! it works ^_^

Quote:
Hi man!
can you give more comparision to bigger dt880? Can those dt1350 be also for home system as better ones? Im asking because I love sound type of beyerdynamics but cant afford for T1. I heard its sound quality is close to T1. Can anyone say word or two about that 1350 using at home system and make comparision to other big models? Thank you:)

I haven't heard the T1, but I believe the DT1350 are up in the same alley as the DT880 when it comes to pure sound quality. They just have some tonal differences since one is a semi-open full-sized can, and the other being small and closed. The DT1350 has bigger bass, a bit more forward mids and smaller soundstage, but don't underestimate the soundstage, as the music seperation is one of it's strengths.

May 27, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #359 of 4,010
well, but can you really compare such portable headphones with well driven legendary fullsize midclass like akg701, grado325, dt880pro? Does 1350 benefits from better system, source, amp? I love beyers sound signature and Im so curious about that small cans:))

May 27, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #360 of 4,010

I enjoy my DT1350 drive by a Dacport more then I enjoyed my DT800/600 or DT990/600 driven by Tube amp (MAD EAR+). I found the Bass to be just right (more then 880 and less then 990) and the MID give better presence to vocals.

I would not get influenced by the size because I get also very good musical experience out of my Ortofon e-Q5 IEM.

Quote:
well, but can you really compare such portable headphones with well driven legendary fullsize midclass like akg701, grado325, dt880pro? Does 1350 benefits from better system, source, amp? I love beyers sound signature and Im so curious about that small cans:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back