New Beats, SCAM?
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

DarkSleip

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I heard that Monster is probably planning to scam their users one more time, these time they are called "beats executive and they seem to be planning the same thing that happened when they released their 2nd expensive scam, the detox, but they are probably going to bring a lot more publicity as the company uses to do, but it's always possible that they wake up and do something properly, what do you think? http://beatsexecutive.com

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 32
I'll root for them, but the likelihood of them being good is pretty low. Still, I'm always interested in new headphones, and the Pro's aren't terrible, so maybe they'll have a winner with this one.

EDIT: Wait... "Noise cancellation that blocks out the world and leaves you alone with your music"

My optimism has sunk like a stone.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 32

Quote:
I'll root for them, but the likelihood of them being good is pretty low. Still, I'm always interested in new headphones, and the Pro's aren't terrible, so maybe they'll have a winner with this one.

EDIT: Wait... "Noise cancellation that blocks out the world and leaves you alone with your music"

My optimism has sunk like a stone.

Studios had NC as well didn't they?, if they are thinking about moving another 100$ upwards in the price range, I think we can't have expectation, is this what you are afraid of?

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 32
The beats line up sure looks great, but whats inside counts and it doesn't.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #8 of 32
I don't like the way the beats look in photos due to their funny "blobby arm" proportions, and they get worse in person when you can see how cheap their materials are.  

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 32
It's funny how different we are when it comes to looks. I feel that the beats have never, ever, looked good in any way, shape or form. The design is atrocious, the colors and the way the colors are used just screams "NU-metal MTV $$$ LOOK AT ME!!!1 ATTENTIONWHORE JERSEY SHORE" and the people wearing them always look worse when wearing them; they never did anything good to people when it comes to looks. It was as bad for the fashion taste as red trucker/baseball caps to the side and jeans tucked into your socks; they made you look like a retard (brotard perhaps?).

These new beats however, are the least ugly of them all. I wouldn't call them good looking because of the weird and ugly design (the forms) - but at least they got the colors somewhat right this time around.

Edit: unless, hey, those photos are just black and white because they haven't released them yet.

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #10 of 32
I think these look quite good.

I'm guessing Monster has seen a lot more success in upscale headphones than they expected, so they're trying to move even more upmarket and see how well something even more (supposedly) high end will do. The proliferation of flagship headphones from other companies also probably has them thinking that the market's ready for something more upscale and it's time to cash in.

I'm kinda conflicted about these. On one hand, it's great that the idea of expensive, high-quality headphones is starting to become more socially acceptable. On the other hand, if these aren't too good - and I don't expect them to be - they'll probably end up showing a lot of people that expensive headphones aren't necessarily better than cheap ones. The Beats have probably done a lot of that already.

Monster's both hurting and helping the idea of expensive, premium headphones. Probably more helping than hurting though, and significantly more at that. Even if the Beats are nothing more than a fad and a fashion statement, they're still selling the idea that it's ok to spend more on headphones and not be (socially) an idiot. Also, these are probably not aimed at the teen and twentysomething demographic so they will probably (hopefully) be voiced differently, and will offer something other than just bad bass. Monster has good engineers, they just don't let their engineers do what they should.

I should probably word this in a way that's moderately intelligible, but screw it, this will have to do.

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #13 of 32
Simple Whois reveals the registration of the site is done thru a proxy, the genuine beatsbydre website states it is registered to Monster. Also, the Twitter, Facebook and email links at the foot of the page are all dead.

This looks more of a joke/spoof website than a fake/Chinese knock off site. Seems to have fooled some :wink:

Jan 10, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #15 of 32
Those look like MDR-V6s with a metal body and headband... They will probably sound better than beats if that is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back