New Balanced SS Amplifier by RudiStor (NX-33)
Jul 23, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Looks very interesting.

http://www.rudistor.com/nx33.htm

Seems high cost for a plain jane amp. PS Audio would be a better amp for that kind of money.
mad.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
Seems high cost for a plain jane amp. PS Audio would be a better amp for that kind of money.
mad.gif

What model? I didn't know that they have balanced headphone amp.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
What model? I didn't know that they have balanced headphone amp.

They don't. I think the Rudistor looks quite nice, actually.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 98
Yes, I looks like a winner to me as well. It is also very flexible not limited to balanced useage either.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 98
Did you guys all receive Rudi's Email?

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #8 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
Did you guys all receive Rudi's Email?

I did. First newsletter from RudiStor.

Jul 23, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 98
Yes, I was surprised. The price is so competitive.

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 98
Must say it looks pretty slick. As always great look and you can bet it weighs a ton
biggrin.gif
Too bad most other headphone amp makers don't include the single ended to balanced operation
frown.gif

Think SFT was working on that for the M3, but I'm not sure if it made it to market.

Jul 24, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #11 of 98
Rudi's amp is always a mystery, as no one is gonna report the sound of it.

Jul 24, 2006 at 1:01 AM Post #12 of 98
So what other balanced amps are there that cost about the same as this new rudistor amp? From what I know, balanced amps, with the exception of dac's such as the DAC1 and Lavry, are much more expensive.

Jul 24, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #13 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy
mad.gif

Now I understand that talk is really cheap, eh? How do you know that the PS would be a better amp, if you have no clue of what this one has inside, or what topology is it based on, or how it will sound like....or am I wrong?
AFAIK there is only one prototype in Italy so far, sitting on Rudi's desk, so not sure in which elements, of whom provide you information enough to base the above bold statement...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #14 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
They don't. I think the Rudistor looks quite nice, actually.

Seconded on both counts. That's a pretty darn good deal for a fully balanced amp that will even convert unbalanced to balanced and drive single-ended phones from a balanced or unbalanced source. Very cool. I wonder if the RP1000 balanced amp has been sold. I haven't checked on it since the national meet.

Jul 24, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #15 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Now I understand that talk is really cheap, eh? How do you know that the PS would be a better amp, if you have no clue of what this one has inside, or what topology is it based on, or how it will sound like....or am I wrong?
AFAIK there is only one prototype in Italy so far, sitting on Rudi's desk, so not sure in which elements, of whom provide you information enough to base the above bold statement...
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I dont know, but it looks like a textbook design with nothing special type parts. Ok it's balanced, BFD! thats total overkill for headphones and does not change the sonic tone of the amp.

I'm just saying that from the pics it just looks like a strait forward design that a DIY kit would run $130. There's a lot of amps with simular designs that cost a lot less than $1000.

I dont care for manufactures that over charge for there stuff, I also think PS over charges, but I've heard there headphone amp and its very very nice.

My MF X-CanV3 list for $400. and I feel thats a very fair price. Its a well designed amp that sounds outstanding(IMO).
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back