New balanced portable amp from RSA w/ DAC!
Sep 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #16 of 258
Wow!! Anyone hear a release date or price for that badboy:D??

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #18 of 258
Yes, the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 can output a digital audio stream to a good external standard USB DAC and a good external amplifier, more efficient than the internal DAC and the internal amplifier.

You will  find a list of USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Samsung Galaxy S3 at the following post:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/300#post_8700170

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #26 of 258
Quote:
I assume it'll be a higher gain sr-71b with a DAC

Ray brought it to our meet yesterday and the high gain is 21, which will drive the HE6s.  The low and medium gain were not changed so the Intruder can still be used with IEMs and other headphones not needing the extra gain.  Ray also mentioned it is not just a SR71B with the DAC.  He has refined it further.  I don't know the details of the changes though so I will have to watch his website when  he releases the information.  Todd R was already trying to negotiate with Ray as at the meet he indicated he felt it was definitely and step up from his SR-71B.

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #29 of 258
I have a question here. 
Can you use the alo cable for sr71b to get a balanced input? Since this thing comes with a Dac right?
so in the video above, is Ray Samuel bypassing the Dac section of the amp when using that configuration?
I'm just confused.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #30 of 258
Quote:
I have a question here. 
Can you use the alo cable for sr71b to get a balanced input? Since this thing comes with a Dac right?
so in the video above, is Ray Samuel bypassing the Dac section of the amp when using that configuration?
I'm just confused.

I am not sure I fully understand but I believe it is a USB DAC only so if you set the switches to use it the single ended or balance input, then the DAC is not in the loop and it is very similar to the SR-71B with a few additional changes like the additional High Gain of 21.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back