New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!!
Oct 18, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #17 of 215

I'm buying these as soon as I can. I love my regular ESW9As ...

Oct 18, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #18 of 215

Does anyone know when these will begin shipping? Also, a good retailer to buy them from who will ship to the US.

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #20 of 215
Oct 19, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #22 of 215
you will need to get this 1 to complete your collection!...

I am hoping that the wood is slightly larger than the esw9 time will tell..

No rush though as 3000 units will still take many months to sell out.
I think the esw11 took about 1.5yrs.

Where did you see 3000? The esw10jpn was 1000 and the esw11ltd was 2000 but can't find numbers for this one yet.

Oct 20, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #23 of 215
Damnit stick to my perfect esw10jpn or be gluttonous and order this?! xD

Or save up for custom in ear phones....?

Oct 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #25 of 215
Better try Amazon Japan with Tenso forwarding. Cheaper and faster.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a Tenso account, but I've never used them. Perhaps this time I will ...

The timing is perfect since my birthday is next month, so now I know what to get myself. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #27 of 215
I can assure that the ESW9LTD won't disappoint. :wink:

It looks so beautiful. It looks a lot better in person than in pictures.

Sound wise it sounds closer to the ESW10JPN than the ESW11LTD.

Definitely on my buy list. :D

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #28 of 215
  I can assure that the ESW9LTD won't disappoint. :wink:

It looks so beautiful. It looks a lot better in person than in pictures.

Sound wise it sounds closer to the ESW10JPN than the ESW11LTD.

Definitely on my buy list. :D

Sounds like you've heard them? 
popcorn.gif

I did like my ESW10JPN so that would be a good thing.

Nov 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #29 of 215
In terms of build, ESW9LTD is the same as ESW9 and features the same thin, flimsy cable but now with a L-shaped connector. The earcups are glazed with varnish so they actually looked pretty nice (and maybe easier to maintain), a pity that the Audio-Technica wording is on top and not underneath the varnish.

Listening with the ZX-1, the ESW9LTD has bigger sound stage than the ESW11LTD and sounds airier. The ESW11LTD sounds thicker and has a weightier bass. The ESW9LTD has slightly lighter bass but still has sufficient impact and extension. Treble is transparent and detailed. Vocal is slightly forward, clear and not as thick as on the ESW9 which makes female vocal sounds refreshing. The ESW9LTD has burnt-in for about 20+ hours and I will see if it will improve further :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #30 of 215
  In terms of build, ESW9LTD is the same as ESW9 and features the same thin, flimsy cable but now with a L-shaped connector. The earcups are glazed with varnish so they actually looked pretty nice (and maybe easier to maintain), a pity that the Audio-Technica wording is on top and not underneath the varnish.

Listening with the ZX-1, the ESW9LTD has bigger sound stage than the ESW11LTD and sounds airier. The ESW11LTD sounds thicker and has a weightier bass. The ESW9LTD has slightly lighter bass but still has sufficient impact and extension. Treble is transparent and detailed. Vocal is slightly forward, clear and not as thick as on the ESW9 which makes female vocal sounds refreshing. The ESW9LTD has burnt-in for about 20+ hours and I will see if it will improve further :)

Thank you for your observations. I look forward to reading more as they fully break in ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back