New Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2
Aug 22, 2021 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Malevolent

Headphoneus Supremus
Finally, Audio-Technica has (again) updated the venerable classic, the ATH-M50x.

One thing I didn't like about its predecessor, the ATH-M50xBT, was the use of a Micro-USB port for charging. Thankfully, this has been fixed in the new ATH-M50xBT2.

Here's a summary of the improvements, straight from the horses' mouth -

1629615784432.png

I like the sound of the ATH-M50x, so I'll probably be getting this headphone to serve as my daily BT driver. :)

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Finally, Audio-Technica has (again) updated the venerable classic, the ATH-M50x.

One thing I didn't like about its predecessor, the ATH-M50xBT, was the use of a Micro-USB port for charging. Thankfully, this has been fixed in the new ATH-M50xBT2.

Here's a summary of the improvements, straight from the horses' mouth -

1629615784432.png

I like the sound of the ATH-M50x, so I'll probably be getting this headphone to serve as my daily BT driver. :)
so how was it ?

Dec 7, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 6
so how was it ?
Well, it's an ATH-M50x, all right. It's pretty much the same headphone, albeit in a portable body. If you enjoy a "v-shaped" sound, and you must have a portable solution, this is one of the better options in the contemporary market.

Battery life is superb; I'm using it on a daily basis as a "WFH" headphone, and it lasts for more than a week - with about 5 hours of use each day - before requiring a charge.

It's durable, light, has a moderate clamp, and has an enjoyable, "fun" signature. It's pretty much my wireless headphone-of-choice; it has supplanted the Sony WH-1000XM4 and the Marshall Major IV as my go-to wireless can.

Dec 7, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 6
I received these last week. They sound good, but the clamp pressure together with the discomfort on the pads is insane. Probably more uncomfortable than Campfire Cascade. I don't know if it's my head, or some other factor, but I couldn't listen to them without instant pain. A shame, because indeed the battery is outstanding, the Bluetooth pairing was strong, and the sound was exactly to my tastes.

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #5 of 6
I received these last week. They sound good, but the clamp pressure together with the discomfort on the pads is insane. Probably more uncomfortable than Campfire Cascade. I don't know if it's my head, or some other factor, but I couldn't listen to them without instant pain. A shame, because indeed the battery is outstanding, the Bluetooth pairing was strong, and the sound was exactly to my tastes.
I guess I'm just used to the clamp on the various ATH-M50 models. :sweat_smile:

Comfort aside, this is definitely one of the better wireless headphones on the market, IMO, especially at its stock price of about $200.

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 6
I guess I'm just used to the clamp on the various ATH-M50 models. :sweat_smile:

Comfort aside, this is definitely one of the better wireless headphones on the market, IMO, especially at its stock price of about $200.
Yes, probably that - this was my first time on the ATH-M50 model, so it took me by surprise. Possibly I could have stuck with it, but I had the Beyerdynamic Amiron in at the same time, and the comfort on that was impossible to resist....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back