New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition]
Dec 14, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #1,711 of 1,962
  Looking for a bit of quick info in the next couple hours before i goto bed... supposed to be getting the online update via teamviewer around 5am while ill still be sleeping... need to know how the blaster cable attaches to the dac-19... based on the pic here http://audio-gd.com/Master/Master-7_384/DSPupdataEN.htm showing the master 7 im assuming it goes something like the pic below.
Waiting to hear back from AGD before i goto sleep to find out but given the time difference i thought i might reach out to see if anyone here who as gone through this process can confirm
Thanks in advance!

See the green around the header? make sure the notch is facing the right way. I confirmed this with AGD before i did my update.
And i used TeamViewer 12.

Still loving the DSP update as well. Sounds better the best to date. The realism of the timbre in cymbals is amazing, and the bass is more clear than it has ever been.
Next i have to get the glue off my Amanero cable plug going into the board so i can swap in my I2s module and see where that takes me. But now i'm also really considering saving up for the new Singularity or possibly whatever comes after it, looks like a resistor ladder dac... exciting things to come! Can't wait to hear some impressions of the Singularity...

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,712 of 1,962

See the green around the header? make sure the notch is facing the right way. I confirmed this with AGD before i did my update.
And i used TeamViewer 12.

Still loving the DSP update as well. Sounds better the best to date. The realism of the timbre in cymbals is amazing, and the bass is more clear than it has ever been.
Next i have to get the glue off my Amanero cable plug going into the board so i can swap in my I2s module and see where that takes me. But now i'm also really considering saving up for the new Singularity or possibly whatever comes after it, looks like a resistor ladder dac... exciting things to come! Can't wait to hear some impressions of the Singularity...

Thanks for the tip! So the notch should be on the left side of the header, right?

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #1,714 of 1,962
Teamviewer 12 works as well but it took them 2-3 tries to connect to my teamviewer.

Link to quartus 12.1  :  https://www.altera.com/downloads/software/prog-software/121.html
Just need the stand alone version (143mb).

For older DAC-19 DSP version, here's the correct orientation:

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #1,715 of 1,962
Thanks for the help, everyone. I look forward to receiving this update next week. 
  Teamviewer 12 works as well but it took them 2-3 tries to connect to my teamviewer.

How did you know they were trying? Did they e-mail you while they were trying?

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #1,716 of 1,962
It will tell you they're trying to connect at the bottom of the teamviewer window.  One comment was "incompatible version" and the other was something like "connection failed".  I'm not sure if they had switched to teamviewer 12 or not but it worked the 3 or 4th time they tried to connect.

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #1,717 of 1,962
It will tell you they're trying to connect at the bottom of the teamviewer window.  One comment was "incompatible version" and the other was something like "connection failed".  I'm not sure if they had switched to teamviewer 12 or not but it worked the 3 or 4th time they tried to connect.

Is it possible to leave the PC and everything on without personal interaction? Their timings are when I am not (/can't be) home.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #1,718 of 1,962
Is it possible to leave the PC and everything on without personal interaction? Their timings are when I am not (/can't be) home.

That is what i did. Got everything setup, tested the teamviewer connection from one of my other pc's and let it ready to go. They connected while i was sleeping did the update and it was ready to go when i woke up. I'd say just make sure your computer won't go to sleep or lock them out after screensaver/idle time as some versions of windows do... not sure how newer versions of teamviewer would  handle that, might possibly log them in only to be greeted by your logon screen hah. At least that's what the older versions of teamviewer would do when i used it years ago to do remote sessions for clients.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #1,720 of 1,962
Ive been wanting to install the I2s hdmi module from AGD but having a hell of a time getting the wire harness from the Amanero board unplugged from the main board...it has some type of glue on which looks like it is only on the outside so i used an x-acto knife to seemingly very carefully cut separating the two but it doesn't want to come out very easily still, i don't want to pull on it too hard... making sure the little clips are unhooked also. Any of you had to deal with similar things and found a good way to go about it? I may just be acting like an idiotic weenie about it but i just don't want to break anything...I appreciate any help... Attached a pic...

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,721 of 1,962
You can date the appointment with the free time of you but in Chinese time from 0800 -2200 every Mon. ,Wed. and Fri.

Thanks Kingwa.

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #1,723 of 1,962
Just waited around for 30 minutes at 5.30 in the morning, but no one connected to my Teamviewer to update my DAC-19. I am disappointed, to say the least.

How did folks here send their Teamviewer ID to Audio-GD? I sent mine to audio-gd@vip.163.com after confirming the appointment. Also, was it also necessary to send the password?

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #1,724 of 1,962
Just waited around for 30 minutes at 5.30 in the morning, but no one connected to my Teamviewer to update my DAC-19. I am disappointed, to say the least.

How did folks here send their Teamviewer ID to Audio-GD? I sent mine to [COLOR=222222]audio-gd@vip.163.com after confirming the appointment. Also, was it also necessary to send the password?[/COLOR]

Yes. You have to give them the teamviewer id and password. Password is randomly generated each time you open and close teamviewer i beieve..

Dec 21, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #1,725 of 1,962
Yes. You have to give them the teamviewer id and password. Password is randomly generated each time you open and close teamviewer i beieve..

Right. I realized this and e-mailed Audio GD 5 minutes after my appointment start time. I received no response for the next 30 minutes. Is e-mail the only way to send Audio-GD the password at the appointment time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back