New Audeze LCD3
Apr 27, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #5,461 of 11,521
Old and new FR grahps for comparo.

T.

There's so much difference between your original and replacement pair, these two guys shouldn't be referred to the same model name. It would seem like Audeze has severely cut back on the damping with the revised pair, I'd be curious to see some proper graph with less smoothing applied. I bet that from a pure objective standpoint, the old version measures cleaner (especially if we were to check a csd graph). That goes a long way to show it's not that easy to reconcile subjective impressions with measurements :wink:.

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #5,462 of 11,521

Quote:
There's so much difference between your original and replacement pair, these two guys shouldn't be referred to the same model name. It would seem like Audeze has severely cut back on the damping with the revised pair, I'd be curious to see some proper graph with less smoothing applied. I bet that from a pure objective standpoint, the old version measures cleaner (especially if we were to check a csd graph). That goes a long way to show it's not that easy to reconcile subjective impressions with measurements
wink.gif

wink_face.gif

Apr 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #5,465 of 11,521

Quote:
I got Cardas Clear headphone cable for Auzede today.
It is very detailed and has abundant harmony and natural sounding.
o2smile.gif

Crap... that is about the last thing that my wallet wanted to hear.

I know they make them with the dual 3pin XLRs, but I can't seem to find anyone that makes the 4 pin XLR for these.
Has anyone seen them as such?

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #5,466 of 11,521

Quote:
I know they make them with the dual 3pin XLRs, but I can't seem to find anyone that makes the 4 pin XLR for these.
Has anyone seen them as such?

You could get the SE cable and just do a mod to reterminate it.  It'd be no biggie to strip part of the cable, right?

Apr 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #5,467 of 11,521
Never a fan of cardas clear.................I'll pass

Apr 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #5,468 of 11,521
Quote:
Lol, it's not even portable.

It only has USB in.  It must also draw power from USB meaning you can't use any iDevice w/ it.  The DAC can't power itself from the O2 amp section.  Sounding even less portable?

Wishful thinking on my part about USB and idevices.

I do, however, think the O2 is portable.  In my Vulcan head, portable is anything that will fit in an article of clothing.  The O2 fits in a jacket fine.  Transportable is my Zodiac, something I'm able to take from A to B.  Non-transportable is a grand piano.

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #5,474 of 11,521

Quote:

You could get the SE cable and just do a mod to reterminate it.  It'd be no biggie to strip part of the cable, right?

It'd be no biggie for someone that could do it. I would wind up soldering my thumbs together. 
redface.gif

Also paying that much for something you have to strip or solder, defeats the purpose a bit for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back