New Audeze LCD3
Mar 18, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #10,246 of 11,521

Yes, I spoke to customer service and they are sending out a replacement set of pads today.  Thank you Audeze.

Will report when I receive.

I have to say the purchase of new pads was well worth it.  The old squishy foam covers protecting the drivers (or magnets) softened the treble in my pair.  Not night and day difference, but noticeable (YMMV).  Will take pics of old and new driver covers to compare (if anyone is interested) when new pads come in.

Thanks again Audeze.

I've noticed the newer pad are thicker and aren't as soft as my current one which was bought early 2013. They do look nice and glossy to mine.

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #10,247 of 11,521

I like the SQ with the leather pads better, but the non-leather ear pads is a bit more comfy.

The difference in SQ is mostly related to less heights on the vegan pads. To me the vegan can sound a bit congested and lack in bite.

What do you mean by lack in bite? Lack of treble bite?

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #10,248 of 11,521
Mar 19, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #10,249 of 11,521

What do you mean by lack in bite? Lack of treble bite?

I mean it has less bite in the upper mids and lower treble. The harmonics overtone is not presented as clear and dynamic and the overall presentation can sound a bit too soft and lack the last bit of sparkle. This is compared to the leather pads.

Mar 19, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #10,250 of 11,521
Finally convinced myself to put on the LCD3 and have a go, man o man these things sound amazing, even better sounding than I remember.
​And suddenly just like that, all is forgive, these are an awesome sounding pair of headphones.

​Here's to hoping I have no further driver failures and I can just enjoy this blissfull headphones for all time *queue maniacal laugh*

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #10,251 of 11,521
Finally convinced myself to put on the LCD3 and have a go, man o man these things sound amazing, even better sounding than I remember.
​And suddenly just like that, all is forgive, these are an awesome sounding pair of headphones.

​Here's to hoping I have no further driver failures and I can just enjoy this blissfull headphones for all time *queue maniacal laugh*

LOL. Mine come back tomorrow. Now I can just copy your post after I put them on and save some typing.

Mar 20, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #10,253 of 11,521
  Any mod or amp to increase treble and clarity of lcd 3f ?
I'm using hugo.

Unscrew the external side plates off and remove the foam if you want to try something, or experiment and leave the side plates off completely. 

Mar 20, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #10,254 of 11,521
well I did that before but didn't notice any big diff. my Lcd3 is very old 2011 bought them from other guy about 6 months ago. I feel they are 2nd best headphone I ever listen to.
Is it a good idea if I trade them for hd 800 before they die ?

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #10,255 of 11,521
  Any mod or amp to increase treble and clarity of lcd 3f ?
I'm using hugo.

I have the same setup and I m a bit puzzled if add an external amp in the chain or not
I tried the lyr2 re-valved for a couple of wees and didn t like it
used a Soloist for a couple of months (I had a Conductor for almost one year before the hugo and I know how the Burson sound pretty well) and even if the setup is more musical and a little bit more spacious then just 3f+hugo, i feel it miss something (bass and treble) and the headphone sounds warmer and I really don t need this characteristic with the 3
now I traded my cans for the X of a friend from a couple of weeks to see if it s a better match just with the hugo
but I think i still like more the 3F

by the way, my budget it doesn t arrive to a GS X mk2

Mar 20, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #10,256 of 11,521
If agooh's LCD 3 is 2011 it's not a 3F it's a 3C! That could explain the 'missing' "treble and clarity".

Unless it got upgraded to Fazor :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back