New Audeze LCD3
Oct 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #16 of 11,521

Quote:
Not sure if I like the color of the wood....

The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #17 of 11,521

Quote:
The good news is you don't see it when you're wearing them. 
biggrin.gif

Indeed. I am very ignorant with woodworks, but it is first time to see zebra wood being almost white... or maybe it is light issue when they took picture.

I am more interested in their speakers tho.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #18 of 11,521

Quote:

The jacks themselves are not angled in the LCD-2. The entry point is moved up the cup edge so they don't stick straight down, but the jack itself is still going straight out. Combine that with the fact that the offset angle is relatively low, and the mount + cable together stick down quite a ways. The LCD-3's jacks, however, are going out at around a 45 degree angle which should significantly reduce how far the cable's strain relief pokes down.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #19 of 11,521

Quote:
^^ wouldn't the LCD3 replace the LCD2?

Why?  It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.
We'll have to wait for pricing.  It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #20 of 11,521

Quote:
..i want to know more about the Audeze Ether line arrays..

as for the LCD-3 *meh*..and the Reality-1 *double meh*

Indeedy.  A 7 foot line array speaker with Audeze drivers could be wow!!  Line arrays can be neat, though can require a big room to let them work right.

They've been very busy in the secret laboratory.  :)

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #21 of 11,521

Quote:
Why?  It's possible to have more than one headphone model in a product line.
We'll have to wait for pricing.  It could be that the price of the LCD3 could make the LCD2 seem a bargain and want the LCD2 to stay around.

Given their wording of "no compromises" and such, I'd be surprised if the LCD-3 don't make the LCD-2's look like a bargain. In the very least we're probably looking at an additional 30%.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #24 of 11,521
I think they are using metal XLR's on the phone so they won't snap expensive wood.  Makes more sense to me in case you banged the cable end into something w/leverage = broken/cracked wood.  Then they'd have to go out and kill another Zebra!
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #27 of 11,521

Quote:
Not sure if I like the color of the wood....

Audez'e use the old "turn up the contrast and brightness to make a white background" trick on a lot of their photos (I'm guessing the ones they do in house rather than get a pro in for) so I wouldn't worry about what colour the wood appears to be here as it's likely unrealistic. I wouldn't like the colour wood on some of their photos of the LCD-2 but in real life they look great.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #29 of 11,521

Quote:
I wonder what merits it being called LCD-3 instead of LCD-2 rev.3. Is it that much of a departure from the LCD-2? I was really hoping for a completely new design. We'll have to see I guess.

New driver diaphragm, so it's probably an entirely new trace pattern, etc. How much of a difference does there really need to be to get a new model number? Just look at the HD 580/600/650s...

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #30 of 11,521
As important as sound is, I think they should start focusing their attention towards ergonomics as well. I've never really had problems before, but after having owning them for a while, the weight and just the feel of it on my head does bother me quite a bit. Ergonomics is just as important as sound quality imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back