New Apple earphones - who's tried'em?
Jan 12, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #46 of 61
Originally posted by snog
how are these two performing in terms of isolation ? [/QUOTE

Snog, as I mentioned above, I can't get good fit out of the Apple earpieces. So I am using the Sony earpieces on the Apple.

So in my case, the isolation is exactly the same. If the regular Apple sleeves, fit your ears right, I would guess the isolation would be comparble with the Sony, as the sleeves seem to be the same material and nearly the same thickness.

So I think its a tossup there, as long as you get the right fit. ]

Jan 12, 2004 at 8:59 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by blux
Today I set out to the apple store at our local "mall of america".. I walked in looking for the new ibuds, but guess what?? They didnt have them..

The sales rep said they wouldnt be getting them in until feb. He said they were too new...okay...

Next I looked for the ipod mini, didnt have thoes in either..What good is this store!

Finally..Can you imagine that there isnt a store at the mall of america that carries high fi equipment??

When the iPod mini was announced, it was slated for a February release. Personally I'm a bit surprised that the headphones are already out, but I suppose it's much easier for Apple to distribute those than mini iPods.

Jan 12, 2004 at 9:08 PM Post #48 of 61
I thought they were available now for purchase...Oh well..I'm not very interested in one at all, I just wanted to see it in person!

I was dissapointed about the new headphones though, that was the sole purpose I travled to the mall..

Anyways, I just ordered the Shure E3, so they should end up to be a good companion for my ipod!

Jan 13, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #49 of 61
Others weigh in on the new Apple In-Ear headphones. Warning Windows users this is a Mac site, you might decide to turn from the dark side
wink.gif

http://www.macintouch.com/earphones.html

Jan 13, 2004 at 9:16 AM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by Jazz1
Others weigh in on the new Apple In-Ear headphones. Warning Windows users this is a Mac site, you might decide to turn from the dark side
wink.gif

http://www.macintouch.com/earphones.html

That just makes me want to buy some Etys
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2004 at 9:26 AM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2 That just makes me want to buy some Etys
frown.gif

Ah, it did the right thing then!

Jan 16, 2004 at 2:48 PM Post #53 of 61
two words.... they suck! tinny and thin the standard phones leave them for dead!

what were they thinking ? did anyone actually listen to them before saying 'yeah lets make half a milllion of them!

Jan 16, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #54 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by wingrove
two words.... they suck! tinny and thin the standard phones leave them for dead!

what were they thinking ? did anyone actually listen to them before saying 'yeah lets make half a milllion of them!

While I have no experience with them, I do have plenty of experience with in-ear phones. Thin and tinny means a bad seal, which as you probably know in-ear phones need. I've heard that they do sound really nice, nicer than the stock ones. Maybe you need to use the larger tips.

Jan 16, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #55 of 61
I just read this:

Macnn:

Quote:

I discovered that my new ipod in ear headphones fit amazingly well when they are upside down! Forgive me if that the way you are SUPPOSED to wear them...but I had NO idea?!?!?
There is no pic of the phones in an actual ear anywhere on the site or the package...so how is one supposed to know? Also...the L and R are printed right side up...as is the pic on the package!!!!!
If you havent tried this...do it.
When upside down...the fit is amazing and the sound is superbly rich!
G

Quote:

maybe they meant for the cable to loop up and over your ears.

Quote:

I just bought these headphones today, because they were advertised about better bass response and I liked the idea that they won't hurt my ears because of the way they are designed. Well, when i first put them on and heard the sound I was very disappointed. They didn't sound any better than the earbud ones that came with the ipod. They felt better but that's about it. Now when I read your post here, which Im glad I did, They sound soo much better. I put them in upside down and it's a lot better! Thanks guys...

Oct 11, 2004 at 10:24 AM Post #57 of 61
**Continuing dig**
Just wondering if the whole 'blob' that the headphones have are supposed to fit in the ear canal coz looking at the pictures im not sure if they would fit me as no ear buds on the market seem to.

cheers
-jake

Oct 11, 2004 at 12:01 PM Post #58 of 61
I use the Sony ex71 tips and they make the fit and sound very good for $39. Not as much bloated bass as the ex71's or no screechy highs. a little lacking in the mids. You dont get the isolation of an ety or shure iem.

Oct 11, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #59 of 61
IMO, iBuds are good waste of $39!!! I was so mad and angry for paying $39 for them. It didn't last 1wk. Perhaps some mod could help but I rather pay little more to get shure, etys, ATh.
These buds were sterile, boring, wimpy...
$39 worth of nice apple design and case, NOT sound.

Oct 11, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
IMO, iBuds are good waste of $39!!! I was so mad and angry for paying $39 for them. It didn't last 1wk. Perhaps some mod could help but I rather pay little more to get shure, etys, ATh.
These buds were sterile, boring, wimpy...
$39 worth of nice apple design and case, NOT sound.

What I got out of that article is that for about $10 you can make them into pretty good headphones -- less than half the cost of Etys or Shures. Why not give it a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back