New Android Phone user looking for balanced amp reccomendation
May 13, 2017 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DannyBuoy

100+ Head-Fier
I went from Windows phone to Samsung 8+ this month and I love all the content apps. I have a Fios X3 that sounds okay, but I want to move to the content available on Android.
So, what would be a good starting place for a powerful amp to drive my unique melody custom IEM's. I have a full balanced desktop system and I would love to get balanced cable for my IEM's if I can find an appropriate amp.

If there is a DAC/AMP combo that connects via BT, or USB to the Samsung, then even better.

My ceiling on price for amp would be $500, but willing to go beyond budget up to say $750 if compelling reasons (balanced, dac/amp, etc.).

I want to make sure the amp is powerful as I have come accustomed to loud dynamics. I have LCD3's driven by 14w on desktop, and I do not like weak dynamics.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I have contributed feedback over the years on desktops, but now I need some help weeding through all the choices today when it comes to portable. I once owned an iBasso balanced portable amp that had a lot of power, something over 1w or more, but I sold it and they discontinued that model. Today's ibasso products are overpriced IMO.
Thanks for any feedback.
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back