New and I have many questions for you gods
Dec 14, 2010 at 7:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Kolkim

New Head-Fier

I'm new to audiopheliac, I've been listening to Dr Dre Studios for a while and I didn't know they're bad compared to others in it's price range, so I have many questions coming into this new world.

I'm going to return these during christmas time when you don't need a receipt (or try to) and get 400$ to spend on new headphones.

I'm looking at Headroom and they have such good deals, are they authorized dealers like can I break my headphones and call Denon or wherever and use the warranty?

I don't own an Amp or plan on getting one for a while.. I just listen to MP3's on my iphone, so is it even worth getting 400$ headphones? I'm looking at either the 'Denon AH-NC800' or the 'AKG K702' If I were to get nice huge headphones,

can ear buds have the same quality? If so what are good ear buds at 200-350$ (with warranty of course, headphones without warranty are just garbage to me)

Btw I listen to Dubstep, rap, Hip hop so I need really nice bass above all else!

That's all for now, Thanks in advance for people who not just answer but take time in helping out other people in forums!

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 48
First of all, no cursing.

Then, don't look at an open headphone if you like bass. The AKG K702s are known for their weak bass, Look into something like the Denon D1100 to start, which is very bassy. It is $139.

An amp just gives extra power to a headphone, it can make it louder if you want, but mostly fills out the sound and makes it sound good at all volume levels. You don't need an amp for most portable headphones, especially if they are closed.

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #4 of 48
sorry for cursing :p
uhm explain closed and open headphones? 
And if you could answer if ear buds have the same quality at higherprices that'd be great :)

Edit: How can I get the best quality of music? I listen to dubstep on youtube and they don't always have alot of things for sale, but will buying their songs on itunes give me a higher grade than downloading their song from youtube.?

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #6 of 48
IMO just keep the Beats. They are basically made for rap, hiphop etc.
And since you listen to youtube and MP3 files, it's useless to get high end headphones. It will probably sound worse because they will only show you the flaws in the recording. Crap in, crap out.
Change your music files to lossless first if you want to upgrade.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 48
if getting IEM, then go for the Monsters turbine like the gold or copper for bass.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #10 of 48

Quote:
First of all, no cursing.

Look into something like the Denon D1100 to start, which is very bassy. It is $139.

Seconded, or try also the SRH750dj. 

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #11 of 48
Thanks, i read that guys post with pre much every iem and have decice on these, the Fischer audio DBA, the Ck10, or like you mentioned the monster turbines gold.

The Fischer has better sound quality but worse build quality but is 90$ cheaper than the monster. Hmm what to pick help me out guys what would you choose?

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #12 of 48
If you have or will have $400 to spend I don't know why you would buy anything from Monster, especially after seeing the light and realizing that the Beats you have are crap. Maybe the IEM's are a little better but surely they are still overpriced for what they are. Why wouldn't they be just like the Beat lineup and over hyped, over priced, and mediocre at best?

If it were my money, I would buy some headphones in the $150-200 range and use the rest for an amp. If you go IEM's, from what I read yesterday, it seems there are some pretty nice options for less than $100. Some for <$50. Personally that's the route I would take. 

And you may want to go back and edit out that word in your first post. They have a pretty strict no cursing policy on here and you might come back to find this thread deleted because if it.

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #14 of 48
I've had the Beat's,DT990's,Senn PC 360, I have the Denon 1100's,DT770 pro's. The 770's are awesome! They blow the Denon's away in clarity and the bass is tight. It sounds like subs in there.. The 770's would be perfect for you..You shouldn't need an amp either..

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #15 of 48
Get yourself the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro (also known as HFI-580, just different accessories), Shure 750DJ, or Beyerdynamic 770 32-Ohm.  You will be happy with any of these, just go with whichever one is more available to you, and for whatever cheaper price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back