New Airport Extreme
Feb 19, 2007 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

proglife

500+ Head-Fier
Picked one of these up yesterday as ye ole D-Link died.

The Network Disk feature is very clean and intuitive. I set the network up (in a few clicks) and then plugged in my LaCie external drive. The computer instantly recognized it and asked if I wanted to mount it on the desktop.

iTunes now points to this for my library and is streaming music to an Airport Express and it's working flawlessly. No more wires!

If you were on the fence on this one, I give it a high recommendation.

Feb 20, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 4
Thanks for your impressions. I've been consdiering this, but have been held back by the fact that wireless routers are so cheap these days and Apple's new device most certainly is not.

Feb 20, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 4
It's not inexpensive, but if you mainly use Macs in your home, I think you'll be very happy with this purchase.

I haven't had AirTunes drop out yet, which was a semi-common occurrence with my D-Link DI-614+. I'm surfing the web, running Azureus and streaming AirTunes with nary a hiccup.

Feb 20, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your impressions. I've been consdiering this, but have been held back by the fact that wireless routers are so cheap these days and Apple's new device most certainly is not.

The new Extreme is on par with 802.11n routers. I cant say the same about the previous routers. But this one for now is in step with prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back