[NEW] ADL H118 Headphones by Furutech
Jan 23, 2013 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

WiR3D

We intend to hurt him...quite a bit. very_evil_smiley.gif
Didn't get any hits doing a search so I assume they are new?

1. Acoustic Design: Dynamic closed-back
  2. Driver: 40mm diameter neodymium
  3. Sensitivity : 98dB SPL (1mW) at 1 KHz
  4. Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz
  5. Input Power: 200mW (Max.)
  6. Rated Impedance: 68 ohm @ 1KHz
  7. Ear pad: Leatherette
  8. Head Band Pressure: 4.5 N Approx.
  9. Connector: Nonmagnetic rhodium-plated stereo α (Alpha) mini-XLR socket
  10. Weight: 245g (8.64oz) Approx. (without cable) 310g (10.93oz) Approx. (with cable)

Link

An interesting point for me is the mini-XLR socket (I hope 4pin?). I'm about to modify all my headphones to have these

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 54
The earpads shape looks weird to me

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 54
Unfortunately the picture is very smoothed out in photoshop. So I can't tell if its going to be the good plastic or the bad plastic (like my AKG's)

I just wanna see that connector (not that i think it will sound better) but knowing Furutech - it will look damn cool. I hope its the 4-pin

And even though the earpad is weird - it conforms to your ear shape.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #5 of 54
Might be so , just going to be looking out for it.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 54
I will be getting these to review when they come out, next month I think. They are supposed to have a balanced smooth natural sound, and are very comfy apparently.

Msrp: $299

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #7 of 54
Quote:
I will be getting these to review when they come out, next month I think. They are supposed to have a balanced smooth natural sound, and are very comfy apparently.

Msrp: $299

Sounds good, hoping more engaging then boring - natural is a difficult sound to do, often its code for accurate and a little boring. 

I like smooth. They are closed back, lets see how the soundstage fairs.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #8 of 54
Quote:
Sounds good, hoping more engaging then boring - natural is a difficult sound to do, often its code for accurate and a little boring. 

I like smooth. They are closed back, lets see how the soundstage fairs.

I think they mean natural in a warm engaging musical way rather than accurate and boring.

They changed them since can jam as people claimed they were too clinical, so now they should be warm/smooth/natural, as well as super comfortable

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

I think they mean natural in a warm engaging musical way rather than accurate and boring.

They changed them since can jam as people claimed they were too clinical, so now they should be warm/smooth/natural, as well as super comfortable

Uh oh.... encroaching onto my Denons territory. - The D2000 would be a good comparison me thinks. Although I'm expecting the Denon to be brighter and more bassy.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 54
Quote:
Looks like the models were wearing them all backwards too...

It does look like that... dear god I hope thats not how they fit.....

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #14 of 54
Jan 29, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #15 of 54
If* their headphones come with the same build quality as their connectors, $299 doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

*that's a big if

Users who are viewing this thread

Back