New Abyss planar magnetic headphone
Apr 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #106 of 547
Quote:

Whenever I see the k1000, this comes to mind:

this headphone is very good because open your mind and the sound is pure magic.
exist a more expensive version with whisky

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #110 of 547
Quote:
Fitting name for a stupid looking product.

Because once you wear these headphones you will be taken back down to the abyss. 
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #112 of 547
OK??? You guys have ripped these a new one. I'm almost embarrassed to be from the same country. It reminds me of something Dana White from the UFC said about other companies starting new fighting organizations. He says that he doesn't mind companies spending their millions and failing because they bring about new fighters and fans for UFC to soak up. I'm thinking some old company like Yamaha  or Sennheiser is planning to go over the top of HiFiMan, Audeze and Abyss with some new ortho or electrostat model and we will never think about the other orthos again.

May 15, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #113 of 547
Quote:
OK??? You guys have ripped these a new one. I'm almost embarrassed to be from the same country. It reminds me of something Dana White from the UFC said about other companies starting new fighting organizations. He says that he doesn't mind companies spending their millions and failing because they bring about new fighters and fans for UFC to soak up. I'm thinking some old company like Yamaha  or Sennheiser is planning to go over the top of HiFiMan, Audeze and Abyss with some new ortho or electrostat model and we will never think about the other orthos again.

Well if Yamaha could get back in and make 5 grand a headphone they would have their tooling paid for with 10 units. Maybe someone ought to email them:)

And yes those phones are just freakshow ugly.

May 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #114 of 547
I really thought it was a prank to see how many would line up with a down payment to be the first to own it. That there is really a unit out there moves me to create something of nebulous definition and esoteric cost. Seems the higher the price the better the marketing interest.

May 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #115 of 547
Look at my pic: Wyred 4 Sound. They actually stand for something I agree with, which is quality products without the super-profit mark-up. Yamaha is another angle I can respect. They have plenty of money and make one of almost everything under the sun, but they focus on quality products for the average man.

I considered buying a LCD-3 at one time, even though I am poor and would be years away from affording a matching amp to use with them. That said, the Abyss are just too much for an ortho no matter how you shape them.

May 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #116 of 547
Quote:
I really thought it was a prank to see how many would line up with a down payment to be the first to own it. That there is really a unit out there moves me to create something of nebulous definition and esoteric cost. Seems the higher the price the better the marketing interest.

Ibid: see Askel & Kearns AK120 thread:)

May 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #117 of 547
I dont know. makes me wonder why cavalli used them to showcase LAu on their website photos.

May 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #118 of 547
Well a headphone coming from a "cable company", so sort of no surprise the prices are going to be what they are. Guess JPS Labs seriously has no shame with the pricing on these. 

May 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #119 of 547
Quote:
Well a headphone coming from a "cable company", so sort of no surprise the prices are going to be what they are.. 

LoL, an oscar for the best audio joke

May 16, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #120 of 547
Man these things look so awesome. I think I'll buy them for the looks alone. They're easily worth $20,000 on looks alone. Now if this thing produces any kind of sound that resembles music then I'll probably buy two or three. One to rock and the rest to stock. These JPS guys are geniuses! Not sure why NASA hasn't hired them yet, but I guess that's probably just a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back