Neutral electrostatic headphones with quality soundstage, cheaper than SR-009?
Sep 12, 2013 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

emertxe

Aka: MHOE, MetalHOE
I've recently listened to several electrostatic headphones and I particularly liked SR-202 for their transparency and cleanness - they delivered effortless rendering even of the most complicated or busiest passages in music where (with dynamic headphones) you normally get rather a "wall of sound" instead of clean and clear distinction of each instrument from the rest.

On the other hand, all the stats (most notably Lambda Nova and SR-202) I've heard were off in terms of FR (not neutral) and soundstaging (badly developed and not 3D at all). Is there any cheaper alternative to SR-009 that could deliver me what I am getting with HD800 - neutrality, imaging, soundstage, at least reasonable comfort?

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 3
  You liked the 202 but you didn't like the 202?

I liked the only thing about SR-202 - the one described (transparency and clarity)... I didnt like their lack of neutrality, soundstaging and comfort at all on the other hand.

I just like the nature of electrostatic headphones, that transparency and effortless reproduction... But need to find a pair that could provide me with a complete experience, not just a single sound aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back