Negative Feedback Forum?
Oct 10, 2003 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

itza2mer

500+ Head-Fier
Is there any way that a separate forum could be established in light of some of the recent buyer-seller problems here at Head-Fi?

Or better still, could a system be set up that provides a clear cut way to see positive/negative feedback numbers for Head-Fi members that buy, sell, and trade?

Thanks

Oct 11, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 23
The Buyer/Seller Feedback forum is for both positive and negative feedback. Having both in the same forum, and in the same thread, gives you a better overall picture of a person's feedback than if they were separate.

That being said, it can be messy to read a feedback thread with 100+ posts, half of which are people ranting; that's one reason we're trying to limit posts to one message -- which describes the positive or negative experience -- per transaction.

Oct 11, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 23
Great idea MacDef. I remember the transaction in which one member put some leather treatment onto some cans they sold and the insuing flame war took some odd 20 posts in the feedback forum. A person should be able to reply to allegations made in their own feedbacks to keep things informed on both ends, but it should be limited to one of each per transaction. Anything more is just a waste.

Oct 11, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 23
It would be neat if there was a "negative" or "positive" check box, and it would list all of them together, but like "member's lounge" it would have "positive" and "negative" at the top, and it would have them separated there, so the best of both worlds, but that's unlikely, I've seen V-Bulliten's design, so I think it's not possible, but may be a nice implementation in future versions.

Oct 11, 2003 at 7:48 AM Post #6 of 23
why don't you people stop being so damned impatient and take about 10-15 minutes to read some feedback (positive AND negative) before sending hundreds of dollars to somebody you've never met?

Oct 11, 2003 at 8:06 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
why don't you people stop being so damned impatient and take about 10-15 minutes to read some feedback (positive AND negative) before sending hundreds of dollars to somebody you've never met?

because that would be the easy simple way to do things, we cant have that now can we?

Oct 13, 2003 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 23
How about something simple like...in the "Post subject" simply type: POSITIVE, NEGATIVE, or NEUTRAL. Is that so hard?

I realize this isn't ebay. I realize that you should actually, well, READ all of the feedback of a seller or buyer (which I do, BTW).

Oct 13, 2003 at 5:08 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by yidimsum
A specific Dispute Forum would be more useful than a feedback forum for cases that are just plain nasty.

That sounds very good to me.

I realize that it's within human nature to NOT be concerned about the misfortune of others; that is until the misfortune happens to YOU. I've been very lucky. All of my transactions on Head-Fi have gone well. It's a fun hobby; I just don't like it when a few "rotten apples" ruin the fun for others.

Oct 13, 2003 at 5:17 PM Post #11 of 23
Although it may seem somewhat unsavory, if you're really concerned about some feedback a seller or buyer has received, talk to the person (or persons) leaving negative feedback.

The best rule of thumb, though, is simply not to send money if it's more than you can afford to lose and if you have serious doubts. Or the best option is to see if you can meet people in person and arrange pick-ups/drop-offs that way. No shipping is necessary and you pay directly for the item.

Just use your heads. All the check-boxes and star ratings in the world won't add any information that you can't already find -- it'll just give you a false sense of security that one glance will let you know everything you need to know.

Oct 14, 2003 at 10:11 PM Post #13 of 23
nebuchadnezzar beat me to it. Currently, the feedback forum is nothing more than a regular forum. Why not start polls for each user? This would require no additional software or modifications, afaik.

Oct 14, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #14 of 23
Polls are not trackable. The emphasis is on providing useful and complete feedback, not a convenient check-box which provides little to no useful information.

Just do your homework. If you get burned without having read negative feedback, then you brought it on yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back