Needs advice for full size amp with D5k/K702
Feb 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ztsen

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

Currently I have Denon D5000 (modded with 3 steps only) and AKG K702. I have tested Naim headline 2 (NAPSC), Rudistor NX-03, Rudistor NX-33, CEC HD53R and Higher Fidelity HF-HA 01. Still looking for a chance to test Solo.

I quite like the Naim headline 2 with a nice warm and deep bass sound. But the price a bit at the high side. Will using the Hi-cap or super-cap power supply will improve more the SQ? Worth for future upgrade? I may able to buy the display set but no warranty. How long can a solid state amp last?

HD53R, HF-HA 01 and NX-33 don't seem really give me right balance on D5k.

Hope experienced guru here can share your impression of sound signature on those amp or any recommendation amp you have tried with either D5K or K702.
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ztsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

Currently I have Denon D5000 (modded with 3 steps only) and AKG K702. I have tested Naim headline 2 (NAPSC), Rudistor NX-03, Rudistor NX-33, CEC HD53R and Higher Fidelity HF-HA 01. Still looking for a chance to test Solo.

I quite like the Naim headline 2 with a nice warm and deep bass sound. But the price a bit at the high side. Will using the Hi-cap or super-cap power supply will improve more the SQ? Worth for future upgrade? I may able to buy the display set but no warranty. How long can a solid state amp last?

HD53R, HF-HA 01 and NX-33 don't seem really give me right balance on D5k.

Hope experienced guru here can share your impression of sound signature on those amp or any recommendation amp you have tried with either D5K or K702.
wink.gif

Depends on your age. Perhaps your children will have to re-cap it for their children.

Power supply upgraded parts are worth it. You might not be able to catch the improvement immediately. Live with it a bit and then try the standard unit. The sound will have a bit more space in the soundstage, the impact is just a bit harder, the details are a little easier to hear.

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shanling ph 100.
Better get rid of k702 and yourself some sadfaces from lacking bass.

Certain song K702 give me the right amount of bass.
normal_smile .gif

How is the Shanling ph 100 sound signature?

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on your age. Perhaps your children will have to re-cap it for their children.

Power supply upgraded parts are worth it. You might not be able to catch the improvement immediately. Live with it a bit and then try the standard unit. The sound will have a bit more space in the soundstage, the impact is just a bit harder, the details are a little easier to hear.

You mean the amp can last 10-20 years?? I thought the electronical thingy only around 5-10 years most. The Display unit already 2 yrs old.

I not yet try with the iSupply, how different from NAPSC?

Feb 22, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 7
Tube gear from the 40-50s are re-built and keep on going, especially amps. I've bought my amp with the thought that I will see the assisted living glider with it. A good amp is a long term investment if you get a quality kit.

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #7 of 7
Anymore ppl have naim headline 2 experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back