Need to replace my beloved VSonic GR07 Bass Edition, are there any that are better/similar in the same price range?
Oct 16, 2016 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

randomZash

100+ Head-Fier
Hey y'all, I happily settled on my VSonic GR07 Bass Edition couple years ago but they're getting old and possibly broken. The right side keeps cutting out.
I need to replace them, I thought I would just get another pair or the GR07 classic edition for $100...but...
Given that I've been out of the iem world for 3 years, I was wondering if there's anything better than the GR07s in a similar price range?

Budget: $100~$150
Need: sub-bass extension similar or greater to GR07, as detailed as GR07.
Like: balanced to slightly energetic V-shape
Used for: chill EDM, electro swing, pop, TV and Movies

Past earphones
Liked: Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition, Yamaha EPH-100 (not enough detail), Hifiman RE-262 (not enough sub-bass extension), Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10, Vsonic GR06, Steelseries Flux

Not great: Brainwavez M1, Vsonic GR09 Bass Edition, Vsonic R1, MEE CC51P

Dislike: Brainwavz B2, Klipsch Image X10, Sony XBA-1

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 6
As far as a I can tell by the other recommendation threads these are still really good value.

If you can wait a bit longer you might want to take a gamble and order the new trinity phantom master 4 (don't forget the head-fi discount code). They should be shipping by the end of month. No one has heard them yet, but trinity has a great track record, a house-sound that seems close to what you want (mild V with good detail and extension), and the price will never be as low as now.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Dunu dn 1000

Oct 17, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 6
If you haven't already purchased the PM4 (I have the PM6 already ordered BTW) you could also look at the RHA ma750. Similar price, excellent sub-bass extension, and very good detail and build quality. Also a slight U-shape. I doubt they would be better than the PM4, but they are worth a mention.

Oct 17, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 6
Alright, thanks guys.

well...I've been back for literally 2 days and I already have 3 iems I'm interested in
...oh man, this hobby hurts my wallet
I hope I find a good pair I can settle on very, very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back