Need suggestions
Jan 11, 2011 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

KevinF

New Head-Fier
Greetings and Happy New Year everyone. I need some advice. I am looking for a good portable headphone amp/dac to drive my Sennheiser IE6 phones. The source varies between an Iphone 4 and an MSI netbook. Also at times while in hotel rooms I will use a pair of Bose Companion 2 powered speakers. I do plan to upgrade the speakers to Audioengine A2's very soon. So any advice would be most welcome. Thanks so very much in advance. Kevin

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 4
Budget? The most important ones I would look into are the Fiio series, iBasso D4/D6/D12, and Pico. 

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Well being a newbie I did fail to give some important info. When listening via the Iphone, I am not playing MP3 or any Apple format. I use FLAC Player and hence listen to FLAC. Aslo whne useing MSI netbook, I use Foobar 2000 and agin play FLACS. AS for budget I would like to stay at no more than $200 includeing an LOD. Thanks again for you time. Kevin

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 4
The only thing that would work for you (AFAIK) is the Fiio E7 + E9. It should work for you, though it will cut very close to your $200 budget. You may just want to go with the Fiio E7 alone for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back