need suggestions on cables
May 30, 2003 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

yfei

100+ Head-Fier
want to spend no more than $50, which cable is good for connect CD player RCA out and pre-amp RCA in? and for pre-amp and power-amp?

how important is the cables?

May 30, 2003 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 12
There are a ton of good cables out there. If your going to spend 50.00 I would go to "audiogon" or "gear for sale" hear and go for used cables.You should be able to get 100.00 plus cables for around fifty on the used market. Or check out www.audioadvisor.com or www.hcmaudio.com or fatwyre.com IMO cables are very important. More so as you get to higher end gear, but still needed to get the best from whatever you have.

May 30, 2003 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 12
My cd player is NAD c540, integrated amp is NAD 314.
Was using a very cheap not shieled rca cable to connect cd and amp. Today I bought a $10 Radioshack cable to replace it, the difference is huge!!
So now I become to wondering how much I should invest in cables. The interconnect between pre-amp section and power-amp section of the 314 is still a no-name cheap cable.

May 30, 2003 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 12
No one can tell you how much to spend to make your system sound better. I think your 50.00 limit for cables would work well with what you have. markl has some good deals on cables in the gear for sale forum. If you buy good used cables at a discount you wont need to upgrade cables again for awhile as your system gets better. Your best bet is try and find someone with comparible NAD gear and ask them what works for them. Lots of guys seem to use the 541, 541i, and 521 cdp's here so you shouldn't have to much trouble.I think this should br in the cables forum for your best results.

May 30, 2003 at 11:37 AM Post #6 of 12
To second tom, look for something secondhand. Secondhand cables are very safe buy and good bargains can be found. How much to spend? That's a tough one. It's very likely that any audio cable in the 30 and up USD range with bring large improvements in your system. It is better to spend a bit more than to go for a cheaper one and play the upgrade game in a few months, that's from personal experience.

May 31, 2003 at 9:21 AM Post #10 of 12
Auughh bundee!! At least warn us that there's a naked woman on the front page!! That could get me fired from work!!

Neat cables though... Never seen any with lights on em..

Jun 1, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #11 of 12
Sorry, I forgot about her. I think Ill go refresh my memory.

Ahh much better.

Their THC cable looks like kimber's pbj and costs about $65. They got a good review. check out their reviews page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back