Need some new headphones, but which ones should I get?
Jun 1, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #271 of 283
As riveting as this thread has been, I'm glad to see progress has been made. We can only hope that Azure will be happy with his purchase--if not, I can't imagine the agony involved in deciding on another set.

Congratulations Azure! I hope you're happy with your new purchase. Hopefully the headphones will bring new life to all of your music.

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #272 of 283
After all the indecision it would be great to know what you think of them
smily_headphones1.gif

Luke

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #274 of 283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
A500s have landed...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...500slanded.jpg
Now the hard part: Waiting till Friday when finals are over to finally listen to this new audiophile sound...
frown.gif

Oh and by the way: Today is May 31, 2005; this thread was created June 13, 2004. That means I got the headphones in less than a year
tongue.gif

Hell just froze over and pigs are flying!
eek.gif
I thought you'd never take the plunge.
wink.gif

Seriously though. I really hope you'll like them, you've waited long enough. (sorry) Just know that you won't hear magic but It'll probably sounds really nice. Just enjoy the ride of rediscovering your music!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #275 of 283
So, when using them on a computer I should unplug my computer speakers and plug the headphones directly into the built-in audio out jack (I have onboard sound)? Or should I just plug it into my computer speakers (Logitech Z-340)? How's the CHAINTECH AV-710? Does it have a jack specifically meant for headphones? How much worse is it than the M-Audio 5.1 Revo?

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #276 of 283
Quote:

So, when using them on a computer I should unplug my computer speakers and plug the headphones directly into the built-in audio out jack (I have onboard sound)? Or should I just plug it into my computer speakers (Logitech Z-340)? How's the CHAINTECH AV-710? Does it have a jack specifically meant for headphones? How much worse is it than the M-Audio 5.1 Revo?

Both the Chaintech AV-710 and the M-Audio Revolution series use the Envy24 chip, so their sound quality should be comparable. The difference is that the Chaintech has the Envy24 HT-S, whereas the Revolution has the Envy24 HT. If you can find a review on the Chaintech, I'm sure they can highlight the differences, although the Chaintech card is surely excellent for the price.

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #277 of 283
Quote:

Go from where your speakers are plugged into, just start with a low volume in the computer and work your way up (if its too soft) better than pluggin it in and being too loud.

And don't go through the speakers, thats just extra interference in the line.

Jun 1, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #278 of 283
Hmm...I think I should stick with taking my first listen on Friday as finals+school will finally be over by then and I'll be perfectly relaxed, making the experience that much better. I originally planned on opening them up 2-3 days before Friday and burning them in for 48-72 hours, but I think I'm just going to leave them in their shipping box, place them under my bed, and wait to open and listen to them on Friday...I hope I can last that long
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 11:20 AM Post #279 of 283
Just plug em in and stick em on your head. Then push play and tell us if the sound is good or not.

I too have the agony when choosing headphones (in ear vs. closed) - I'm on my second pair of EX71's and threw my E2c's in the drawer after a couple of weeks of having my ears glow in pain - a pair of HD202's arrived today so I'm burning them in while I type. All I've ever wanted is a pair of cheap headphones that are ultra portable, can be used one ear or two, sound reasonable, and don't hurt when used.

Watching this thread is like pulling teeth... I need closure.
etysmile.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:15 PM Post #280 of 283
It is nice to see this thread finally coming to an end.

Maybe you should start a new thread about your impressions of your new headphones and this one can finally die.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back