Need some new headphone for hip-hop: Perfer behind-the-neck
Mar 15, 2011 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

riahc3

100+ Head-Fier
Hey

Im currently using the Sennheiser PMX 60 which I was pretty happy with, with minor flaws such as TOO loud and lacking some bass.

Id like some headphones (perfer behind the back) around the same price ($40) which can give me the same expirence such as the Sennheiser PMX 60 and are pretty good for hip-hop related music. The reason Im changing is because the 3.5mm seems to be damaged and is now just giving music thru the left side. Trying to fix it but nothing so Ill just get some new headphones with some advice from here.

Generally:

- I like loud headphones
- Leaning towards hip-hop
- Vocals are crystal clear
- Decent bass
- Open ear so it isnt too hot and I can hear SOME outside sound. I dont care if sound leaks and other people hear my music.
- No earbud type of headphones.
- Low price

I dont mind at all if they are not "audiophile quality" or level. I just want the best for behind-the-neck style headphones.

Thanks alot :)

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 29
Some suggestions for ya:

Grado iGrado

Philips SHS390/27, SHS391

Sennheiser HD238(refurb. stock amazon)

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 29
Thanks.

The Sennheiser HD238 are over the head so not too intrested.

Its pretty much between the

Philips SHS390/27 (very nice) or the Grados iGrado.

Its would be nice if someone else gave their opinion, more so between these two.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 29

Quote:
The Sennheiser PMX100 if you can find it. Legendary PX100 sound, only with neckband.

On that note... 
wink.gif

The SportaPros. Legendary PortaPro sound, only with neckband.

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #9 of 29
Theres something about the Philips and the Koss SportaPro Ive noticed is that it doesnt "grab" your ears like my PMX 60. The PMX 100 do look very nice but as mentioned, they are difficult to find...

The SportaPro are kinda strange looking and dont look very comfy....

Mar 17, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #11 of 29
Not just you, the cord IS rather short, but the sound quality is suprisingly good for the price, plus it has a good amount of bass too.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #13 of 29
Maybe not, you can buy a cheap extension cable at places like Radio Shack.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #14 of 29
Maybe not, you can buy a cheap extension cable at places like Radio Shack.
I dont know...........new headphones with a extension cord that I would be using all day in public. Just seems kinda corny....

I guess we'll have to go with the iGrados; I may ask later as Im going to hold on to the PMX 60s as long as I can (some super glue seems to have SLIGHTLY fixed the problem)

I hope some of you can help me in my other thread as well :) http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/542829/best-bluetooth-stereo-headphones Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back