Need some input
Sep 12, 2011 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Paradox992

New Head-Fier
Hey guys first post and long time home theatre lover here. I am just now getting into the world of headphones and wanted to start with something small. I have around 100 bucks to spend and listen to mostly Hip-Hop and Dubstep however I listen to pretty much everything. I value a pair that is comfortable with a spacious sound and a very clean bass. I have heard Grado is a great brand but the variety has me very confused. Any input would be great! Thanks!

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 4
If you like bass, and soundstage then grado is not for you. Some questions.. whats your source? portability is important? 

Sep 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 4
Heya,

Grados are great for almost all music genres. They're not ideal for something like dub, but I will say, they can perform low tones. They're more punchy than boomy though. Anyhow, if you want to go Grado, for your money, get the SR60i with L cush pads. That's $100 shipped together. It actually has great bass and is punchy, but you have to get those L cush pads. Mandatory. Flat pads are awful. So if you really want that energetic punchy Grado sound, that will do it for you right there.

Alternatively, if you want some bassy cans for dub and stuff, check out the HFI 580, Shure SRH750 DJ, Sony XB500's. Other headphones to consider would be the Samson SR850, Sony ZX700, Koss Pro4AAA Titaniums/Pro's, etc.

Very best,

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 4
The HFI-580's is a safe bet i think. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back