Need some help
May 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bootstrap

New Head-Fier
Hey guys i am currently looking for a new pair of headphones. I posted in the recommendations thread to no avail. So im hoping you guys can help me out. I'm going to wear these mostly at the airport or around my apartment when i don't want to hear my roommates. I don't want too much leakage and obviously i want a full size headphone. Now for my price my budget is around $100. I have a $50 gift card to bestbuy so i went in there and of course all they would talk to me about is the beats, and skullcandys neither of which im interested in. So buying at bestbuy would be a like not a must. I listen to just about everything from country to dubstep. But, i mostly listen to dub, rap, and country so the phones would need to have decent but not overpowering bass. If you have anymore questions let me know.

Any help would be awesome

thanks

May 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #2 of 7
My first thought for a headphone with decent bass (but not overpowering) under $100 would be the Creative Aurvana Live!.  From Amazon, they fit within your budget, but may not be robust enough to use as portables.

Looking at Best Buy's online site, they have the AKG K240 Studio (may be a bit too laid back for your types of music and very big for portable use), the Sony ZX700 (fairly balanced set), and the Koss DJ100, which I haven't heard, so wait for others to comment on it.

May 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 7
The JVC XX fullsize closed back heaphones are great sounding for the price with good deep punchy bass and others instruments shine too. The others headphones in this price range are like Sony ZX700 and AKG.

May 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Take a look at the Entry level and Budget level headphones in this guide if you'd like some more suggestions.  http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

Its a pretty good summary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back