Need some help choosing new portable headphone
Mar 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MRiNiCK

500+ Head-Fier
So i came from a good share of earphones and could never get a good fit,
went from v-moda vibe yeah i know it sucks
TF10, Fischer DBA-02, RE-0,GR07, and now using 1964 T CIEM which i love the sound but with 3 refits from InEarz the fitting would never be GREAT. It was just Ok but i dealt with it for 1 and half year
Over the head headphones i used outside before were Audiotechnica m50, AiAi TMA,HD25, Occasionally used my Ultrasone PRO 900 but its too bulky for outside..
Soooo Here I am now asking for some advice as you may know by looking at my headphone choices is that i like something neutral sounding, with good clarity but still maintains the bass
this week my 1964 T right shell cracked since i dropped it, now the drivers are still in tact but i was wondering if i should reshell them again or sell it and get something like the V-Moda M100, or Momentum.? I saw here on the forum someone selling their UM Mage for 300$
Any other headphones/earphones would be greatly appreciated, i'll be using them to commute to work, and going to the gym

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 6
Definitely look at the UE900/4.Ai (personally find the former to be a bit more well-rounded but will put the Heirs in just to be fair). Slight emphasis on sub-bass, great kick and impact. Astoundingly clear mids. The PFE232 were also on par/perhaps edges out the 1964V3 and the Quad demos I tried out. Though take that with a large grain of salt.

And of course, the DT1350 (have no experience with) gets enough accolades as it is for clarity and punch. Though you did have the HD-25 so not sure how much of an upgrade that would be.

Mar 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 6
Definitely look at the UE900/4.Ai (personally find the former to be a bit more well-rounded but will put the Heirs in just to be fair). Slight emphasis on sub-bass, great kick and impact. Astoundingly clear mids. The PFE232 were also on par/perhaps edges out the 1964V3 and the Quad demos I tried out. Though take that with a large grain of salt.

And of course, the DT1350 (have no experience with) gets enough accolades as it is for clarity and punch. Though you did have the HD-25 so not sure how much of an upgrade that would be.

hoping if i get the UE900 or 4ai I find a tip that fits me the most, which is why i ended up with 1964 Custom.. I demo the DT1350 and i fell in love with them.. might pick them up.

Would you recommend the Momentum?

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #5 of 6
Not the clearest but impressive detail. Also just the bass and lack of grain is spectacular. Won't say too much as I've only heard them a couple of times.

damnn PFE232 600$ woah
forgot to mentionn budget im willing to put up is 350-400$

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #6 of 6
anything fits in mmy price bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back