Need some help choosing an IEM ($100 MAX, less is better)
Apr 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Pooplow

Head-Fier
I've read a lot of reviews for entry-mid level iems and I'm having a hard time deciding. I used to own a pair of TF10s but I sold them to fund a headphone purchase. Some things I'm looking for in an iem:

- Some emphasis on bass, without killing the mids and highs
- Good looks (although not compromising comfort...too much)
- Decent cable (cable cinch, strain reliefs, decent durability..etc)
- Comfort (my TF10s were a nightmare)
- Fair amount of tips 

I listen to a variety of music genres like rock, or electronic and I'm using a Nexus S + voodoo sound as a PMP. 

Any help is appreciated, thanks. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 19
Get some Klipsch Image X10's they're pretty comfortable and fit all ear sizes due to the tiny housing of the single BA driver.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #7 of 19
Shure SE-215 might float your boat.  Definitely worth looking into given your budget and wish list.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 19

Quote:

Ergonomics might be a problem, although it seems like a very nice iem. I can get one for ~$90 at headphoneshop.ca!

possible really depends on ones ear concha, for me the se line fits perfectly in my concha, others maybe not so much. sound isolation if fitment is good, is top notch for iem's. in that price range the sound quality of the se215 are on par for the price category.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #12 of 19
From what I've been reading the Audio Technica ATH-CKS77 should be the one you're looking for. It's $83.99 at AccessoryJack.

There's also the JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FX1X at ~$25. Definitely bassy and not bad on the mids and highes either, but it requires quite a bit of burn-in time.

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #13 of 19

Quote:
From what I've been reading the Audio Technica ATH-CKS77 should be the one you're looking for. It's $83.99 at AccessoryJack.

There's also the JVC Xtreme Xplosives HA-FX1X at ~$25. Definitely bassy and not bad on the mids and highes either, but it requires quite a bit of burn-in time.

The Audio technicas look nice, definitely going to consider those.

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #15 of 19

Quote:

Ergonomics might be a problem, although it seems like a very nice iem. I can get one for ~$90 at headphoneshop.ca!

May I remind you that all the Shure IEMs offer the best comfort, atleast in my opinion. They are way more comfortable to wear than a normal straight-down fit designed pair of IEMs while also offering superior isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back