Need some advice for westone 4.
Jun 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Shaverz

New Head-Fier
Hello head-fiers. I recently use a Westone 4 using an ipod that plays mp3 files. I want to know if there is a way to make my music sound better by using a source, amp, ect. What i would want for my Westone 4 is a slightly heavier bass but not enough to cover the mids and highs. I would like for it to be portable though (Of Course). My budget is 150-200 dollars. If you need any more info just tell me.

Jun 3, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 17
The Fiio E11 with 22AWG Cryo dock cable will gives more bass and improve the overall sound quality. iBasso T3d with iBasso Cryo dock cable is also very good.

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 17
Woah I did not know cables improve sound quality. I will keep this in mind for the future.
But which one of these 2 combos would you prefer.

EDIT: Can you explain why does the 22AWG Cryo dock cable cost more then the fiio e11?

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 17
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
The Fiio E11 with 22AWG Cryo dock cable will gives more bass and improve the overall sound quality. iBasso T3d with iBasso Cryo dock cable is also very good.

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 17

Quote:

What does the E11 with normal dock cable sound like with the W4's?

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 17
Are you looking for just a bit more bass or a lot more?  If it's the latter, it sounds like you are looking for a fundamentally different sound- in which case I would ask if you've had the chance to hear other IEMs such as the W3.  Otherwise if it is just a little bump that you're looking for the E11 would be perfect!  It has two levels of bass boost which is sounds like what you want, and will give you a bit more volume as a bonus.

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
Are you looking for just a bit more bass or a lot more?  If it's the latter, it sounds like you are looking for a fundamentally different sound- in which case I would ask if you've had the chance to hear other IEMs such as the W3.  Otherwise if it is just a little bump that you're looking for the E11 would be perfect!  It has two levels of bass boost which is sounds like what you want, and will give you a bit more volume as a bonus.

Well sometimes i listen to HIP HOP songs which require a little more bass. I also listen to some songs that do not require a lot of bass. I love the sound of the W4 i just need that bass boost when needed. I don't want other IEMs because i already spent a lot of money on my W4. I Just want to make the sound better. I am also kind of a bass head too so maybe the e11 + 22AWG fits me.

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #12 of 17
I think im going for the ZO. I like the cheap app but its not what i want.

Off topic: Would the ZO work well with big headphones such as the denon ah-d2000 or just for IEMs? (Sorry just needed to get it off my mind)

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:17 AM Post #14 of 17
The zo should be able to drive anything the e11 can:

ZO: 415mW @ 16 ohms 

e11: 300mW @ 16 ohms

The bass is not muddy.  It really brings out a lot of texture and detail in bass.

The thread on the zo mentioned above is the main thread. There are a lot of details on it towards the end, when one of the zo engineers shares some information.  Also this thread sums up the listening experience pretty well: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/553499/zo-what-the-heck-is-with-the-zo#post_7465616

Users who are viewing this thread

Back