Need some advice for replacements for my CX300s.
Feb 22, 2008 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Brooklyn Hype

New Head-Fier
Hi there. I'm in the market for some new earphones to replace my dying CX300s. I want to get canalphones, and I'm on a £50/60 budget (not sure what that translates to in US $). I've been considering the Metro.fi 2s, E2Cs, V-Moda Vibes and Super.fi 3s, mainly, but I want to know if there is anything better in the price range, what earphones to buy etc.

I listen to mainly rock, some hip-hop, industrial and drum and bass kinda stuff. I want to have strong, but not too overpowering bass. Oh, and I don't want to go over my budget really.

Any suggestions?
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 10
I hate suggesting things to people in the UK because I know you get screwed on pricing. It makes price ranges so difficult to compare. So I'll start this way:

What are the prices for the Metro.fi, Super.fi, and Audio Technica CK7 in the UK?

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 10
I will get the CK7 if i were you.

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 10
Just don't get the Shure E2's. I went from the 300s to the Shures and wish I hadn't bothered. Unless you get a 110% seal, which I found very hard to maintain, the bass falls apart to very thin levels.

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 10
Hmm, the CK7s look good, but they end up costing about £70 with postage and I was looking to spend more like £50 to start with. I know it sounds very cheap (which it is) but I'm on a kinda tight budget. I don't know, I might get them if others say that they're my best option (for the price).

Feb 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 10
If budget is an issue, think about the Creative EP630s -- same configuration as the Sennheisers, and arguably comparable quality. I have the Creatives and like them for what they are, in the price range in which they can be purchased. (They have the symmetrical "Y" cord configuration, if that matters.)

Or give the Metro.fi's a try.

Feb 22, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #10 of 10
The build quality worries me a bit as I tend not to take the greatest care of my earphones. I'm now basically thinking that I'll get either the Metro.fi's, the super.fi 3s or possibly the CK7s. Probably the Metro.fi's unless anyone can persuade me that the Super.fi's are worth the extra £10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back