Need set of open cans $100-$150
Apr 22, 2005 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

green84061

100+ Head-Fier
Hopefully this is my last post for awhile, i have finially decieded that i want some closed cans for my computer since i have some shure e3 if i need something that is closed and portable. I will mainly be using these to play games on my computer and also listening to my music which is mostly at 192 AAC. In my comp i have a audigy 2zs and as you can see i have around 150 to spend but less is always better.

So basibly im looking for a good open can around that price that is really easy to drive with a good soundstage and fairly rounded since i listen to all types of music I know that this is alot to ask for in the price range but i know you guys will be able to help me out. Currently I am looking at the ATH-AD700's because they look good and sound very comfy. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks for all the help.

Apr 22, 2005 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 6
I would recommend going with some Grado's around that price range. For gaming I would suggest the SR-80's as they are probably the best value for the money and if you forget them at a lan party then you wont kill yourself.

Apr 22, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 6
my brother does have some grados the sr-60s which i really like but as far as comfort is it is quite lacking and that is something that i really want, also the soundstage seems less than great for gaming.

Apr 22, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #4 of 6
Gaming and Grado's? *shudder*

I don't think those two go well together, and plus, Grado's aren't the most comfortable set of cans out there. I know nismo96 has a pair of the open Audio Technica cans (the ATH-400's I think) and he told me that he really likes them. Plus, they are extremely comfortable, and they have a few models under the amount you'd like to spend.

Apr 22, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 6
I havn't heard very many sets of headphones, but i would highly recommend the senn hd-555's. They are only 50 ohm, and can easily be driven by my soundblaster live card. They are exceedingly comfortable, and seem to play everything from country to hard rock well. :-D once again, i'm no pro, but i find them very enjoyable. They can be had used for less than 90.

Apr 22, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 6
I still think the MS1s are the best sub$100 phones, but I don't game, so I don't know how their lack of soundstage would work there.

What about the SA1000? $117 at Amazon and $105-150 elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back