Need recommendations for in-ear headphones for music in general
Jun 22, 2013 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

amortentia

New Head-Fier
Hi, 
I used to have a (very old) pair of Bose in-ear headphones. They look like the IE2 that's currently on their website, but without the StayHear tips. Anyway, the cable has detached itself on one of the earpieces, rendering it useless. I really like the sound from this pair, because I like the amount of bass I get with it. I've tried the Sennheiser CX280, but there isn't enough bass, and to me it sounds a bit thin.

I'm looking for something with a similar sound profile (bass being quite important) to the Bose but with a lower price tag, around $60-70ish? I listen to rock, indie, classical/soundtracks, a bit of everything really. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #3 of 7
Hmm, I was hoping to avoid Beats. Would you recommend either the Shure SE215 or maybe one of the solid bass Audio Technica ones? I was looking at Klipsch as well but apparently the S4 II doesn't deliver much bass.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Hi, 
I used to have a (very old) pair of Bose in-ear headphones. They look like the IE2 that's currently on their website, but without the StayHear tips. Anyway, the cable has detached itself on one of the earpieces, rendering it useless. I really like the sound from this pair, because I like the amount of bass I get with it. I've tried the Sennheiser CX280, but there isn't enough bass, and to me it sounds a bit thin.

I'm looking for something with a similar sound profile (bass being quite important) to the Bose but with a lower price tag, around $60-70ish? I listen to rock, indie, classical/soundtracks, a bit of everything really. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

How long did your IE2's last you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back