need recommendations for a Good SACD player
Oct 9, 2015 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

slair76116

100+ Head-Fier
I have the following equipment currently fixed to a PC

Burson Conductor Virtuoso --> HD650 
+
Burson Timekeeper --> KEF LS50

should I fix a dedicated SACD/Bluray audio player or just use the CD drive on the PC ?

If so what SACD/BlueRay audio player would you recommend for under $2000

Any recommendations please?

or would it be better still to get a dedicated AK380 and fix that straight to the Burson as a dedicated source and take the PC out of the loop and just rip all the SACD into FLAC ?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 6
I use a Esoteric DV-50 in my main 2 channel system and this player is a beast (only down side No Blu-ray play back).   This player can be found used now for under 2k.   I use a Marantz UD-7007 for my head-phone setup and I find it works well it plays everything and can be networked.  I just wish the disk loading mechanism on the UD-7007 was less finicky. 

How would you rip the SACDs to FLAC?

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 6
  I use a Esoteric DV-50 in my main 2 channel system and this player is a beast (only down side No Blu-ray play back).   This player can be found used now for under 2k.   I use a Marantz UD-7007 for my head-phone setup and I find it works well it plays everything and can be networked.  I just wish the disk loading mechanism on the UD-7007 was less finicky. 

I also use a Marantz UD-7007 and really like the balanced XLR out which goes to the SPL Phonitor 2.
Sometimes, I use the digital out, but as with any SACD player, it only gives 44 or 88khz, depending on the way out (optical/Coax/HDMI).

Can highly recommend the UD7007, it plays any disc format out there, and is the only player with balanced out below 1k I could find.

Peter

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Hey guys is the UD 7007 a lot better than the OPPP 105D Darbee edition ?

From what little I've read the Oppo Seems to do everything, I've never ripped anything into FLAC what I have is a lot of FLAC's collected over the years and a few SACD's.

What I'm ultimately trying to build is a small listening post for my headphones and my LS50's with a nice comfy chair. I've just bought a pair of LCD3's and all the other gear you see in my sig except the HD650's is less than a year old. I've been spending a lot trying to achieve this little corner of heaven away from all the daily office and family clutter to just get away
o2smile.gif
, my little corner you know...

and to be honest I'm not sure what source I should use, PC, CD player or a portable like AK380. I can see my self in the near future spending a lot on my music collection as well be it Disks or HD downloads.

All advise is most welcome.

Oct 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Yes, in my opinion the UD 7007 is a better player than the OPPO.  If you want to stay below $1k the UD7007 is one of the best with the most features.  Also the UD7007 as well as the OPPO can be networked. So if you DL songs these systems will play them back.  Just add a small display monitor and you are off. 
I’m a big fan of popping in disks rather and playing off of a hard drive or network.  The simple reason for this is I like looking at the box art and reading the liner notes.  Also it makes me more prone to listening to the full disk rather than jumping from song to song. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the input guys I'm keeping an eye out for a bargain on either the OPPO or the Marantz,

One more question though;

See I already have a good DAC :- Burson Conductor Virtuoso S9018
http://www.amazon.com/Burson-Audio-Conductor-Virtuoso-Headphone/dp/B00ABDY0MK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445759552&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=burson+Conductor+Virtuoso+S9018

and I already have a good speaker amp :- Burson Timekeeper
http://www.amazon.com/Burson-Audio-Timekeeper-Amplifier/dp/B00EYL2BNU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445759608&sr=8-1&keywords=burson+timekeeper

as a source alone am I wasting on both the OPPO and the Marantz ? because I will send the audio through the Conductor DAC and timekeeper AMP to the speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back