Need on ear headphones for work.
Mar 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

malibumike

New Head-Fier
Looking to spend 100-200. I need something that I can use at work and still hear what's going on around me (I get asked a lot of questions). I just purchased m50x to use at home, they sound wonderful and am hoping to get something that sounds just as great. Do the grados leak too much sound even at low volumes? I can't wear IEMs b/c they bother me. Whatever I get will be paired with fiio e17 or x3.

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't know if you can spend an extra $100 (I hate to say that to somebody) but I have the kef m500 and I love them. They sound amazing they are extremely comfortable and they are not so big. They would definitely make a great work headphone as well as on the go...

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 7
Grados leak like crazy. I love 'em but I can't take 'em anywhere.

I don't have time to listen to much music at work, but I keep a PX200-II there for when I can. It folds small, isolates pretty well, and the sound is tolerable.

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Hi, you should consider Yamaha HPH-200. They have definitely a warm sound signature, borderline 'mid basshead' open headphones.
They leak a lot at high volumes, not much of a problem at low listening levels.

Best Luck!

Mar 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you for all of the suggestions, i've looked into everyone of them. After some thought, I'd really like something in the relm of sennheiser mx80s or idevice earbuds...the type that don't go into the ear canal.

Any suggestions? Are there any companies that are still making them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back