Hi

First, sry for my crappy english
eek.gif

I wanna buy a new Soundcard because iam upgrading my Equipment

Headphones from Phillips to Grado PS1-Pro
Headphone Amp from nothing to Meier Audio Prehead

And the Soundcard from onboard to ???
So i need your advice what is good and sound nice ^^

I play games, watch DVD's and hear Music on my PC ---> so i need it for everything
biggrin.gif

And i dont wanna spend more than 500 Dollars for the Soundcard.

Greetz MasterLoki

Sep 4, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterLoki
or is a dac better ?

An external DAC is a good choice...but does your current soundcard have a bit-perfect digital output?

Sep 4, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 29
But does it have digital out?

Sep 4, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 29
I just got a chaintech av-710 and a pair of ethymotic ER-4p. Coming from the onboard sound (AC97) and a crappy sony earbud, this couple sounds great.

Regards.

Sep 4, 2005 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 29
sound for everything : Prodigy 7.1,a lot people think this card is the best for HTPC and this card even better than M-audio audiophile192 in music and equal with ESI juli@

Sep 5, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #11 of 29
if i go to the soundcard - external dac solution i would spend more money
(dac, 1000 Dollar ist the limit)

any good dacs out there that suits the Meier Audio Prehead - Grado PS1 Pro combo ?

Sep 5, 2005 at 11:37 AM Post #12 of 29
Refering to kytuphicahn's post, I hear a lot of people saying that the prodigy 7.1 lt is either only very slightly better than the AV-710, or only just as good as it, at music that is.

Anyway, since you do play games, VDA-1/VAC + X-fi xtrememusic sounds good to you? The combo only *gasps* costs 650 dollars =P

Sep 6, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #15 of 29
If you are in Germany, people seem to be raving about the Aqvox USB DAC. I suggest you do a search for that, it would be well within your budget.

The combination of the basic X-Fi soundcard and the Aqvox would give you a pretty awesome all-round system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back