Need New Portable Headphones
Mar 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mysterious

100+ Head-Fier

I am getting a new pair of headphones/IEMs soon.Budget is around 150 $ ( preferably 100$)
I listen to all kinds of music really except jazz and classical 
I want to get something that has a good bass impact but not at the expense of the clarity.

Was looking at the Westone 1, Shure SE215, V-Moda M80, HiFiMan Re0 and HiFiMan Re-Zero

I heard the HiFiMan IEM's are bass light. Is it true ?

Keep in mind i also looking for recommendations for both on-ear and IEM as i want the best possible sound quality in my budget

Also to be noted is that i will not be buying an amp and will be using them with my Sony NW-HD5 or SGSII /iPhone 3G

Please Help

Mar 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 4
Hifiman and the Westone 1 will not suit you based on the info you've provided. The SE215 may not be the best option.  Out of the things you have given, the V moda is probably your best bet. 

Look into The Fostex TH5B and TH7B. Denon AH-D1100 also comes to mind. Perhaps the ATH-M50 also. 

for IEM's look at the Hippo VB if you can, the C710 from denon,  the JVC HAFXT90. maybe even the the Future Sonics Atrio M5. The final Audio Adagio II or III also works.

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Hifiman and the Westone 1 will not suit you based on the info you've provided. The SE215 may not be the best option.  Out of the things you have given, the V moda is probably your best bet. 

Look into The Fostex TH5B and TH7B. Denon AH-D1100 also comes to mind. Perhaps the ATH-M50 also. 

for IEM's look at the Hippo VB if you can, the C710 from denon,  the JVC HAFXT90. maybe even the the Future Sonics Atrio M5. The final Audio Adagio II or III also works.

i was also looking at the sony MDR-EX600's.....Any idea on those ?
Also i can't get some brands like the Future Sonics and Hippo as i don't live in the US

i am currently leaning towards the V-Moda M80's as i can get them for around 150$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back