Need In-Ear Recommendation:
Apr 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

music-meister

Head-Fier
Greetings All,

First time poster here, but I've read through a number of threads regarding various IEM's.  Nevertheless, I'm hopeful some head-fi 'experts' can chime in and make a recommendation for me.

Our church worship team is about to move to Aviom's and we're all purchasing our own IEM's.  Personally, I prefer to purchase a really nice set of IEM's that I can use for years, rather than a $100 set that I may use for 1-2 years and then replace.  Not only that, but I'll only be playing on the team 1-2 times monthly, so what I'm really looking for (if it exists) is something that I can:

1) Use on-stage with the Avioms (I mostly play acoustic guitar, and occasionally I play bass)
2) Use for ordinary in-office / home listening
3) Use at the gym
4) Use outdoors (mowing, jogging, etc.)

I realize that #'s 3 & 4 may not be a good option, which is why I'm posting here.  Anyway, I've been looking at the Weston W4 and the 4-R as well as the Shure SE535's.  If you have any thoughts as to whether or not any these would work out well with my above usage, I'd love to hear your opinions. 

For the record, I own an old pair of Shure e2's that still work.  I regularly use them at the gym, mowing, etc., but a decent amount of sweat almost always breaks the proper seal.  Not sure if I should use different tips, or if perhaps I should not not use anything for that kind of physical activity and instead stick to only listening to music on-stage, office, home, etc.  Again, I REALLY appreciate your wisdom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back