Need Help with my HD650
Jan 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #16 of 27
does it happen with multiple songs and in consistant ways?  I'm not familiar with your (or any) soundcard but the 650 does need some real power to get it going (Im assuming more than any normal sound card can provide).  Your amp may simply not have the power it needs and you're hearing the results.  Don't you have a stereo/home theater or something you can plug them into to help isolate the problem. Or use different headphones on your 'puter.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #18 of 27
im guessing its either rattle from foreign objects mentioned above or the cans are revealing noise in the recordings.

even big name bands (RHCP comes to mind) have less than perfect recording/mastering that my beyers or 650s will reveal

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #19 of 27
First  of all the soundcard has a built-in headphone amp whch can handle up to 600 ohm so i guess power is not the problem, especially because they worked just fine for more than 2 weeks.

The quality of the music I listen to is good enough, I have listened to the same music with the same setup just before and everything was fine. I mostly have either ALAC, FLAC or just mp3s with good bitrate, and the mastering on them is damn good.

I will check the driver on my soundcard, but for now I'd just like to know if it couldn't be possible that my left can is damaged or anything like that?

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #22 of 27

Okay I might have a major problem now, no idea.

I opened them, had a look, all looked clean, and then I wanted to have a look at the driver, but when I wanted to take it out one of the 4 little plastic tabs which keep the driver in place broke off. Is this just bad or very bad? Anybody know what I should do now? I think the next step is try to get it repaired somewhere.

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #23 of 27
Oh god right so I checked the driver now anyways, there was a hair in it and the headphones sound fine again but will I have to worry about the small plastic tab which broke off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back