Need help with headphone sizes and wood storage drawers
Mar 28, 2002 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jbannow

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking into buying a drawer unit to store my cans, but need some help on sizes. I searched quite a bit and came up empty handed.

My local Target carries these: http://www.sauder.com/QBits/. The drawer unit on these is at least 10"x10" and exactly 5" from bottom to the top lip of the drawer front. I'm sure there is some hardware inside that would get in the way, so the working height may be less than 5".

I have also considered making my own, or having one made (anyone know a freelance carpenter able to make something for me that is in the Detroit area?). I'm not really familiar with woodworking, don't have the tools, and no garage to work out of.

So, my question is, what size drawers do you think I should aim for? I'd like to be able to accomodate all headphones, and am unable to find any info on the size of them. What are the biggest cans? What are their dimensions?

Has anyone done this before? What materials would you / did you use? Line the drawers with velvet / felt? Any thoughts?

- Jeff

Mar 28, 2002 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I would go no smaller than 12x12x8. Especially if you are waiting for the AT cans!

The extra space could accommodate padding or a liner, adapters, etc.

Bettter to go too large than too small!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back