Need help with computer rig...
Feb 3, 2012 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sennheiserhd485

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I am getting ready to purchase a Fiio E10, and I need some help with my configuration.

1. Should I use Wasapi for Foobar 2000?

2. What exactly does Wasapi do?

3. Is my soundcard being used at all whenever the Fiio E10 is plugged in?

4. What should my buffer length be on in Wasapi?

5. If I don't have any 96,000hz songs, should I still change my soundcard to 96,000hz?

6. How do I connect Wasapi, my soundcard, and my Fiio E10 together?

7. What is upsampling? Is my soundcard doing this?

8. Why do I hear static in my music when using Wasapi?

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I would also like to know if I will even be able to tell a difference in SQ when using the Fiio E10 (as opposed to my stock PC soundcard). I will be using Audio-Technica AD700 with it.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 4
1. Yes.

2. It will allow the audio to be unmodified by your os / other programs.

3. Shouldn't be.

4. As long as playback doesn't hiccup, It doesn't matter much, if you have problems with the audio try raising it.

5. If you are using wasapi it shouldn't matter what you set the sample rate to in the os, I would leave it at 44.1.

6. I don't use foobar, but you should just need to select wasapi playback in the media player preferences or options.

7. Upsampling is increasing the sample rate of the original audio. I don't know what sound card you have, so I don't know if it is doing this. If you are using wasapi then your music is most likely not being upsampled unless you are using an upsampling dac such as the dac magic.

8. I don't know. 

I have never used the E10, It should definitely make a noticeable difference over onboard audio though.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I would also like to know if I will even be able to tell a difference in SQ when using the Fiio E10 (as opposed to my stock PC soundcard). I will be using Audio-Technica AD700 with it.

Depends on what kind of soundcard it is.

I use the E10/AD700 out of a Macbook and there are some differences but they are subtle.  The main difference I noted is smoother highs. Less sibilance.  Slightly better bass but you really have to focus to hear it.

For the price though it's worth it in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back