Dec 9, 2023 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

alpha storm

New Head-Fier
Dear Sirs,
I'm gonna buy HD800s and use it as my primary headphones for:
1- Games
2- Music
3- Movies
I can't decide which Amp + Dac is best for me.
I'm in love with HDV820 but, because Gaming is my first priority, I think maybe Creative Sound Blaster X5 can serve me better in this segment, however I don't know how it can perform in Music.
I've read in forums that HD800s perform better with EQ but, I don't know if there is any external or universal EQ for headphones that can be used with my HD800s or not.
Because Creative Sound Blaster X5 has preset EQs, I think maybe there is an option which is connecting Creative Sound Blaster X5 as Dac to HDV820 as an Amp, but I don't know if this option is logical or not.
I know maybe Tube Amps can serve me better with HD800s but, because of these two options I don't want to buy Tube Amps:
1- I have a pet (cat) in my house
2- I don't like heat especially near my PC and in my room
Thanks in advance for your Time and Help.
Sincerely Yours,
Alex

Dec 9, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 8
What makes you think the X5 is better for gaming? Does it have any special features you use when gaming?
The EQ preset's can easily be copied by something like Equalizer APO, which is a system wide EQ (free).

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 8
After searching the net I've come to two more options:
1- Chord Hugo TT2 + M Scaler
2- Ifi Pro Ican Sig + Ifi Idsd Sig
YES, I know the prices of these options .
From where I live I can purchase Ifi stack or HDV820 easily
Thanks in advance for your Time and Help

Dec 9, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 8
Yes sir. I know the X5 idea in favor of HDV820 was childish and I'm sorry.
I did not mean to make it sound childish at all, I just don't know that product, and maybe it offered some features that was good for gaming, that I was not aware off. Hence, my question :)

For gaming I would say having a good soundstage and Imaging is key. All of you suggestions should give you that, as they are high end products. Unfortunately I don't know have experience with any of them, but hopefully others can comment on them.
Imo a good solid state amp and a high end DAC should give the HD800s the best conditions for optimal gaming experience :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back