Need Help!!!! Sony MDR-1RBT or Audio Technica M50 or Sennheiser Momentum or V-Moda M-100
Mar 5, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:
lol if I personally could have gotten the bt version for only $300 (price of the normal version), I totally would have gone for that! from what i've read, the sony mdr-1r BT is the best sounding-bluetooth for music there is and the battery charge is like 30hrs. you can always plug in the bluetooth version as it comes w/ a 3.5mm jack too. the lack of wires would be amazing for commutes on a subway/train, so you don't get caught on anything.

if you can hit me up w/ the deal where you can get the BT version for the retail price of the normal version, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

I'm really sorry but the deal is only for me as its my uncle who offered it to me....
I'd love to help but its not possible.... 
As for the bass i have decided to get a M50 as well as  the 1R.....
I can get the M50 for $220 in AUS.....
its a little expensive here but what can you do......

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #17 of 36
Quote:
btw: from what i've read, here are the differences between the Momentum, MDR-1R, and M100

M100 -> definitely classified as bass-centric, but the colored sound does not negatively effective the mids & trebles. bass emphasis great for dupstep, electronic, hiphop, techno, pitbull type music (cons: earcups may be too shallow)
MDR-1R -> I heard this classified as mid-centric. heard it has a slightly colored sound with a warm bass. (cons: made of plastic, no case)
MDR-1R is supposedly very very comfortable.
Momentum -> often called very technical and balanced. (cons: earcup might be small)

Honestly, unless you personally do a side-by-side comparison, it is hard for us to know what you personally will prefer. All three are very highly-reviewed, so you can't go wrong with any of them.

I plan on getting a XB400 in a few days for everyday use until i det the 1R and M50....
any impressions on that?

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

I'm really sorry but the deal is only for me as its my uncle who offered it to me....
I'd love to help but its not possible.... 
As for the bass i have decided to get a M50 as well as  the 1R.....
I can get the M50 for $220 in AUS.....
its a little expensive here but what can you do......

only for youuu? no fair!!! i'm jelllyyyyy

what did you end up getting & how do you like it???

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #19 of 36
I still didn't get any I'm waiting till July cuz I'm outside my country....
but when I do I will for sure have a review....
oh and ill get a 1R....
I also plan on getting another pare of hp....
please help me out I made a new thread about it.....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654069/sennheiser-momentum-vs-shure-srh-940-vs-shure-srh840-vs-sennheiser-hd-518-vs-beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-vs-audio-technica-ath-pro700-mk2-vs-sennheiser-hd-449-vs-audio-technica-ath-m50s-vs-ue-4000-vs-ue-6000

thanks

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #20 of 36
Quote:
only for youuu? no fair!!! i'm jelllyyyyy

what did you end up getting & how do you like it???

I will give you this advise....
if you want a new pair of headphones check out XBA-3/XBA-30, slthough they are iem hear me out.....
I own a pair of XBA-3's and they are fantastic.....
its got audiophile grade clarity, just enough bass, very natural, and excellent noise isolation if you use them with the provided foam buds....
The amount of accessories provided is good 4 different sizes of normal ear buds and 3 sizes of foam ones.....
cable length adjuster which I think should come with all hp and iem. 
and a hard top case......
I hear xba-30 has a bit more bass to it if u want a little more oomph.....
hope I could help.....

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #21 of 36
i just got the 1rbt's and i looooove it!  its extremely comfortable and the sound quality is decent overall and excellent for bluetooth.  I have the audio tech m50s also but the wireless 1rbt's come in handy for work, dog walks, etc.

Aug 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #23 of 36
I too just bought the rbt today. I actually quite like the sound straight out of the box. The balance is quite even, and you don't get any fatigue from over bright treble or swampy bass. Listening without cables is extremely liberating. There is also a preciseness to the sound (others have described it as "digital" sounding) that I very much like. The bass is quite defined and punchy, and the highs are quite smooth, but not airy. The mids are quite full as well. It's not as overly warm as I thought the mdr1 s are.

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #24 of 36
For your musical taste, there is the M-100, then everything else.  You will be missing out on sonic bliss if you don't go with the M-100.

Also, none of the other options will give you the bass impact you will have for artists like Pitbull and T-Pain.  In fact, I use Pitbull to demo how amazing the M-100s sound compared to everything else.

Oct 12, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #25 of 36
Hi guys... sorry for bothering but i am going to  take advantage of this thread to expose my case.... XD

here's the deal, i love the sound on the momentums but they are indeed not very confortable.... i bought them because they were at a really good price here in Portugal, 160 euros (usually they cost from 250 to 300) and i thought they were really good all rounders and they indeed are really good for home and outside use.... the only problem is once again the comfort... 

now here is the thing... at 160 euros i also have the chance of buying the sony mdr 1r's wich are beautifull, but also some people told that in terms of resolution in sound the momentums are way ahead....

Wich of the 2 do you guys think is the better headphone (soundwise)?

I listen to all types of music but specially, rock, pop, indie and specially edm.

Now about the m50's... i got them, i think they sound nice but i still have my mind on a pair of hd25's and i am willing to sell my m50's to get one of those....

Wich of the two do you guys think is better soundwise?

...sorry for bothering...

Cheers m8s... :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #26 of 36
  Hi guys... sorry for bothering but i am going to  take advantage of this thread to expose my case.... XD

here's the deal, i love the sound on the momentums but they are indeed not very confortable.... i bought them because they were at a really good price here in Portugal, 160 euros (usually they cost from 250 to 300) and i thought they were really good all rounders and they indeed are really good for home and outside use.... the only problem is once again the comfort... 

now here is the thing... at 160 euros i also have the chance of buying the sony mdr 1r's wich are beautifull, but also some people told that in terms of resolution in sound the momentums are way ahead....

Wich of the 2 do you guys think is the better headphone (soundwise)?

I listen to all types of music but specially, rock, pop, indie and specially edm.

Now about the m50's... i got them, i think they sound nice but i still have my mind on a pair of hd25's and i am willing to sell my m50's to get one of those....

Wich of the two do you guys think is better soundwise?

...sorry for bothering...

Cheers m8s... :)

I would suggest strongly considering some other options including:

V-Moda M-100 with new XL pads
NAD HP50

Both of these will be fantastic with your preferred genres.  MDR-1R is not good for EDM and mids are actually too forward for my taste.  Momentum I just don't like- a bit harsh with a muddy mid-bass hump and lacking sub bass.

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #27 of 36
Enter the Sony MDR -1RBTMK2, new sheriff on the block. Better bass an improved on the points that the Sony MDR 1RBT was lacking.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #28 of 36
The Sony's are mid oriented and personally did not like the sound as it was quite boring for me personally.

The Audio Technica are in a lower league altogether when compared to these headphones.

Sennheiser Momentum are good for sitting back and relaxing. They could also be described as slightly boring depending on what one prefers, but are most definitely in the audiophile grade. I listened to the Momentum for a long time when auditioning them against the V-Moda M100. Momentum sounds slightly closed in and a little bassy, which is good if you are on the move.

V-Moda M100 is one of the most fun headphones I have listened to, as well as the best build quality out of all of these. They are bass heavy which can be slightly overpowering at times, although when eq'd down the headphone becomes much more what one would expect from a more neutral 'phone. This is the one I went with out of all of these because I listen to a lot of EDM, and they suit that purpose beautifully but will do well for other genres too.

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #29 of 36
Here's another vote for the M-100 w/ XL pads.

Momentums are too small for my head and don't seal well for me. The ATH M-50 sounds like an M-100 that stopped going to the gym. I've only listened to the Sony MDR-1RNC(noise-cancelling) and I know it's not the same model, but I found it very boring. If my assumption about the MDR-1R series is that they all sound somewhat similar, than they'll be lacking the bass you want.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #30 of 36
  Here's another vote for the M-100 w/ XL pads.

Momentums are too small for my head and don't seal well for me. The ATH M-50 sounds like an M-100 that stopped going to the gym. I've only listened to the Sony MDR-1RNC(noise-cancelling) and I know it's not the same model, but I found it very boring. If my assumption about the MDR-1R series is that they all sound somewhat similar, than they'll be lacking the bass you want.

Most likely you are correct on the MDR-1R series.. However,  Sony has come out with a MK2 version of the MDR-1R series. Supposed to address all the cons with the MDR 1R series. Would like a audiophile's opinion on the new MK2 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back