Need help, small ear canal at funny angle
Nov 11, 2012 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

k923

New Head-Fier
I am really hoping someone can give a good recommendation on IEM's that will be comfortable for me.  I have small shallow ear canals and haven't found an IEM that is comfortable for longer then half an hour.  At this point my only two requirments are comfort and iphone controls.  I have the vmoda vibrato with smallest tips, with those I can last 30 min. but after that I have sore ears, feel pressure, and I think sweat or something will start to build up on the ear tip.  I have tried shure/westone/BandW c5/aJays/dJays/x7i/ a bunch of crappy beats stuff/x10s/ADDIEM.

The only thing comfortable right now are the apple earbuds/earpods and bose MIE2i's but I was hoping for something better then the earbuds and possible more isolation then the bose.

everything except the x10s and virbratos felt uncomfortable from the begining or wouldn't stay in.  I believe besides my ear canal being small it sits at a funny angle so any IEM with a large body doesn't sit at an angle that can stay in my ear.  Even the vibrato's sit so the metal body sometimes irritates the outter cartalige part of my ear.  So besides those any other suggestions of IEM's that fit small shallow ear canals that have iphone controls would be greatly appreciated.

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll definitely look into those suggestions.

@H20Fidelity
Yeah I actually got comply foam tips for the vibratos and the small was bigger then the silicone tips that come with the earphones.  Those felt uncomfortable after 5-10 minutes.

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #7 of 8
I would say the Vsonic GR06/7 for adjustable nozzles, or get a custom IEM (lets face it you're going to do it sooner or later 
wink.gif
)

Nov 11, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 8
My best suggestion would be a smaller custom IEM.  It seems that your ears are out of the norm (no offense) which is what generic fit models are based after.  So I would recommend a custom pair for fit and comfort which is the problem you've run into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back