need help please
Jul 26, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:
can anybodty give me a comparasion between the ath m50 and the ultrasone hfi 580?

The HFI-580 is bassier, more comfortable, and has a more spacious sound due to S-Logic. The M50 is built better, has a more balanced sound with less boomy bass, and does vocals better.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #22 of 37
x2 for 580

Sounds like you might be using these headphones on the go. Try looking at the Ultrasone HFI-580 (more bassy), or the HFI-780 (little less bassy, more balanced). They are pretty portable, durable, and are a great value. Highly recommended. Also, they are very efficient headphones, which means you can drive them ok with your phone and don't need extra equipment like an amp. Definitely try them first without one. 

It's my opinion the Ultrasone stuff is better than the M50. More portable, and slightly more efficient - not to mention better sound. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #25 of 37
They are designed to be efficiently used with iPods and portable devices. I would say what you read is outright wrong. Of course an amp can make them better, but unlike many headphones, it doesn't need them. I use my own HFI-780's with an iPod all the time! Don't worry about that at all. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #28 of 37
Hard to go wrong with the 580, 780, or M50.

580: Most bass, portable, efficient, comfortable
780: Still lots of tight bass, more balanced sound, portable, efficient, comfortable
M50: Big, less portable, less efficient, More bass than 780, but still pretty balanced.

780 is my favorite. That's what I own. And the Ultrasone's have S-Logic, a nice big soundstage that sort of surrounds you. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:
oh and one more thing how loud are they bc the volume on my phone dont go up to high?

The Ultrasones will be a little bit louder than the M50. They are all very efficient. But you may end up deciding to get a small amp after you try it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back